What's for Dinner, Friday Nov. 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Think Iam going to make some cabbage roll soup ! Trying my first attempt at "English Muffin Bread"- we love it toasted. Son bought a pumpkin and apple pie last night, so that will be dessert. Have a great weekend all - :clap:(Grandsons are coming) !

Itsssssssssssssss Friday :clap: :clap: :clap: !! No cooking for this chickie......we go out on Friday nights. Not sure where we'll go tonight yet.

Its chili for us! Halloween night I made 9 lbs. of chili - with the intention of leftovers - guess what, not a morsel left! We were all so occupied with our guests that night we didn't really get to enjoy what we were eating, so round two of chili is tonight - but only 1.5 lbs this time.

well, as a Continuation of yesterdays boiled gammon on Naan bread with english mustard and cheese, I actualy boiled it up with leeks and onion, cellery etc...
there was left over meat (as planned) that`s been cubed and added back to the pot with potatoes also cubed to make a nice stew/soup when I add a small pot of double cream to it :)

If I go into town, we'll be having Scalloped Potatoes with gruyere & diced ham. If I stay home. it'll be mac & cheese with cauliflower & rosemary croutons on top. Dessert is undecided. It's rainy here (surprise! surprise!) a good day for baking something.

I don't want to think about it tonight! Between working & sneezing non-stop today I'm exhausted!! We have plenty of bbq leftover from lastnight so hubby & the kids can eat that.

Wow, Katie, your dinner sounds fabulous. I love oxtails.

We're having a ham, cheesy scalloped potatoes, some kind of cooked veggie, green salad and a saskatoon pie for dessert.

My 3-year old goes to grandma's on Friday nights, so its our night out, we're going to our favorite Mexican restaurant tonight. They make a dish that consists of tender morsels of pork that are topped with sofrito and then sprinkled with lime juice and served with rice and tortillas. It's relatively healthy and no dishes!

At first I was going to have fried rice with miso or egg drop soup. But I am making a big pot of bean soup tomorrow, I don't want to have soup two days in a row. I have been craving tacos all week, so that is what I am having with refried beans and rice.

I'm thinking grilled cheese sandwiches with soup...I have 2 cans of Campbell's Select Clam Chowder, which is pretty good. Could add some extra canned clams.
Kim bought a new computor, and has cleaned up the older one for my daughter. Don't know how he did it, except he's been on the phone with Dell off and on for a week, and has downloaded some stuff from there. She's here tonight, and they are programing it.
She is delighted, because hers was totally shot.

I ate out at Romano's Macaroni Grill tonight. I ordered a Caeser salad with the dressing on the side, pasta topped w/ olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes, and a small bowl of vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. :D

Katie E said:
Oxtail vegetable soup, tossed salad and garlic bread. Not sure about dessert. Maybe none tonight. The soup is rather rich.

Mom used to put oxtail in her vegetable soup on occasions (when available). I didn't realize that was what it was till I was older..........have to admit it grossed me out at first with the thought of me having been eating tail but the flavor won over and I still ate it. Haven't had it in years though. In fact, I haven't ever seen it for sale around here. I'll have to do some looking in my hometown. Veggie soup sounds really good.

Last night I made something that we used to enjoy as an appetizer at a waterfront seafood restaurant on Long Island, NY, many years ago. They made their version with swordfish & called them "Swordfish Bites". I make mine with shark & call them "Shark Bites", which I think is catchier - lol!!! I also make enough to serve mine as an entree.

I took 2 beautiful pieces of skinless BlackTip Shark & cut them into bite-size pieces, tossed them with seasoned flour (salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, mixed grill seasoning) & then shallow-fried/seared them fast in a little oil in my big well-seasoned cast-iron pan until nice & crispy & just cooked thru.

Served them with lots of lemon wedges & a fresh vegetable medley of cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, & snow peas, boiled until "just" tender & tossed with a little butter.

Fast & delicious.

Hubby & TC had leftover bbq from Thursday, Savannah had leftover Greek pizza (really thin crust topped with feta, artichokes, kalamata olives, & tomatoes) from my parents house, & I ate a can of black-eyed peas. Hubby & the kids also had some boiled peanuts that hubby picked up on his way home from work....he's decided to try & make his own in a couple of weeks!

We ended up going out to our favorite mexican resturant. I got a sampler platter that had a burrito, taco, tamale, chili something and I don't remember the other thing. I usually get Fiesta Fajiata (chicken/beef/shrimp) but wanted to try something different and didn't know what so thought this would cover it. The burritto was good. The other things.....they were alright but nothing that I'd order again. I think I'll stick with my favorite for now on as its always really really good.

Constance said:
I'm thinking grilled cheese sandwiches with soup...I have 2 cans of Campbell's Select Clam Chowder, which is pretty good. Could add some extra canned clams.
Kim bought a new computor, and has cleaned up the older one for my daughter. Don't know how he did it, except he's been on the phone with Dell off and on for a week, and has downloaded some stuff from there. She's here tonight, and they are programing it.
She is delighted, because hers was totally shot.

this family adores grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.
it's been a staple for ions.....I just counted in my 'kitchen store' or my pantry and I have 7 can's of clam chowder right now, 4 different brands.

Back
Top Bottom