What's For Dinner, Friday November 4, 2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am putting a pot roast in one crockpot for tonight's dinner and 2 ham bones from a friend in the bigger crockpot to turn into pea soup tomorrow!

I love having multiple crockpots in the fall cause I can make so much at once with little effort. Still don't have any ideas for my smallest one but who knows! :)

What are your foodie plans for today?

I've been working at eating up the leftovers I have in the freezer so I can get back to cooking. It's jambalaya tonight. Tomorrow will be red beans and rice.. It's all good, but this is the second weekend that I can't cook! I have one more week of good left overs to eat up before I get to cook again.

Roast spatchcocked chicken with dressing, mashies, green beans and carrots, and jus/gravy. I used the Serious Eats high heat method and it worked great!

A "manager's special" dry-aged ribeye on the grill (at 40% off) with sauteed spinach and mushrooms.

It was a good grocery shopping day. I also managed to find several packages of beef tenderloin steaks in the same bin that were marked down to $6.99/lb. I'll be eating well this weekend.

Last edited:
A one skillet meal of green peppers, onion, tomatoes, rice, shrimp, canned clams, and feta. Comfort food.

That sounds tasty It sounds like jambalaya but different. Feta...really? The taste buds in my mind can't fathom that combination.

Would you honor me with your recipe? I want to make this. I want to taste the combination of flavors for myself.

I've been working at eating up the leftovers I have in the freezer so I can get back to cooking. It's jambalaya tonight. Tomorrow will be red beans and rice.. It's all good, but this is the second weekend that I can't cook! I have one more week of good left overs to eat up before I get to cook again.

Sounds good, Liz. I've been working on using up freezer and fridge leftovers too, to make room for new Thanksgiving and Christmas leftovers. :)
Leftover spaghetti for dinner this evening, using up the last of the marinara sauce.

We had a very special and romantic 9th anniversary meal at our favorite ocean side restaurant with a spectacular pink sunset over the Pacific. The lobster tails were cooked to perfection and the sides were delicious. :wub::wub:

Today would have been my brother's 60th birthday. I didn't really feel like crawling out of bed, much less cooking. So there was a part of a pork roast in the fridge...I did a "harvest pie" (could have been a Shepard's pie except I used chopped up left over pork roast, gravy, peas, corn, carrots, celery, onions, turnips, gravy, and topped it with mashed squash instead of mashed potatoes). I didn't know what else to call it. Mom ate all of hers, Dad wanted spaghetti. Whatever.

Posted in the seafood recipe section. I've made other similar dishes, but I prefer this one with the sweetness of apple juice to round out the feta.

Not like any jambalaya I've had, but then again, New Englanders aren't noted for jambalaya.

made beef stew, cheddar &garlic biscuits and then decided to make a pot of chicken soup also lunch for Satuday.
Been chilly and rain on and off and needed something to warm the bones.

We had a very special and romantic 9th anniversary meal at our favorite ocean side restaurant with a spectacular pink sunset over the Pacific. The lobster tails were cooked to perfection and the sides were delicious. :wub::wub:

Sounds wonderful, Kay...and a very happy anniversary to both of you! :flowers::wub:

Somen noodles with clams, shrimp, asparagus,mushrooms etc...

img_1486437_0_d14233d6a5d60831f7221accc6cdf77f.jpg

Happy anniversary, Kayelle and Souschef! Sounds wonderful :heart:

Sounds wonderful, Kay...and a very happy anniversary to both of you! :flowers::wub:
Thanks Cheryl and GG!!
For the last couple of anniversaries we've ordered live lobsters delivered from New England and it was fun doing our dinners at home, but after last night I'm done with that. I've eaten my share of lobsters over the years, but the lobster served to us last night was pure perfection. It was sooo juicy and perfectly tender, unlike any I've ever eaten anywhere!! Sigh.....:yum:

That looks killer Joey!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom