What's for dinner July 8, Thursday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
yesterday I had meat thawed to do burgers on the grill; half beef, half lamb, even though the package said "sheep:huh:", so I grilled them up. When dh gets home, will have a few burgers throughout the rest of the day. He is mainly requesting meat these days.

What are you having?

Maryland Crab soup and a salad (had the same for lunch!!!!!) Then back to home cooking tomorrow!!! YAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! (although the soup is REALLLLY good)

I will have leftover Beef Stroganoff, on potatoes instead of noodles.

:)Barbara
I don't feel well so I ended up having the stroganoff for lunch instead. So supper will most likely be nachos, with chips, refried beans, salsa, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole. Not normally my first choice of meals for a sore scratchy throat, but I want to use up the leftover beans.

:)Barbara

We had some mild Italian sausages, baked potatoes, tossed salad, pickled beets and pumpernickel bread. Will have strawberries and raspberries with a scoop of no sugar added ice cream for dessert.

DH has been in a lot of pain with his spine and just has no wish to eat. He loves crab and shrimp louis so I'm making him a salad for when he gets back froim his doctors appointment in San Francisco today. I'm taking 1 lb of crab meat and 1/2 lb. shrimp some celery, and a small amount of onion and enough mayo to bind everything. On his plate I'll put several thick slices of garden fresh tomato sliced thick. Then an artichoke bottom on the tomato fill the artichoke with the crab and shrimp then circle the artichoke with shredded iceberg and garnish it with chopped cooked egg. Top everything with either green goddess or louis dressing on the side. Some warm garlic and cheese bread and a cool drink. Hopefully this will peak his appetite.
kades

CJ, do you make your own green goddess dressing? I've never made mine, but haven't been able to find it for quite a while. My family ate that almost exclusively years ago.

that sounds great, hope he feels better soon.
Not sure here, I have a summer cold. yuck. I took some chicken tenders out, sprinkled them with some unlabeled green herb that was in the spice cabinet, wanted to use up. and also sprinkled with some basic chicken grill seasoning I got on sale... will either grill or bake. will probably put some kind of rice in the rice cooker, stir in scallions towards the end. I cleaned/prepped some lettuce, so might pull together stuff for a chopped salad...

fire roasted chili ... yummy (even tho it's hot, the sweat cools ya down, as does the cold beer!)

CJ, do you make your own green goddess dressing? I've never made mine, but haven't been able to find it for quite a while. My family ate that almost exclusively years ago.
Yes I do licia.I use 1-3/4 c. mayo
1/4 c. sour cream
6-8 mashed anchovey fillets
3-tab. minced tarragon leaves
2-Tab. minced fresh chives
1 tab. minced fresh parsley
1/4 c. tarragon vinegar
1 clove crushed garlic. Combine all ingredients in a jar sheake well to mix. Let stand for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blens. Can be stored in refrigerator for several days. Enjoy this makes 2 cups
cj

Maryland Crab soup and a salad (had the same for lunch!!!!!) Then back to home cooking tomorrow!!! YAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! (although the soup is REALLLLY good)

That doesn't sound like food I get from OUR cafeteria! Glad things are settling down a bit for you.

Yesterday turned into a very crazy day (more so than usual)....and a hot one! Neither DH or I felt like making or eating dinner and instead at dinnertime went out in our air conditioned car to shop in air conditioned stores. We picked up some really good meat deals including jumbo prawns, already butterflied and on a skewer, and beautiful 2 for 1 rib eyes. So, around 8 pm we had grilled surf and turf. Was awesome with a simple salad. Sorry, no pictures. We gobbled it down!

Back
Top Bottom