What's for Dinner, June 2, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
What's on everyone's menu tonight?

My friend sometimes cooks for me (gotta luv a guy that cooks ;)), so my turn. He's bringing the steaks & wine. I'm planning on:

Steak Chimichurri
Roasted red potatoes w butter & chives
Lemon green beans
Salad with sliced avocado, tomatoes, red onions, blue cheese, mushrooms & vinaigrette
French baguette
Raspberry Napoleans with raspberry sauce
Vanilla ice cream

A shrimp-rice salad.

Combination of shrimp, cooked rice, sliced water chestnuts, celery and ripe olives.

Dressing of mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger and curry powder.

Served on greens.

Fresh tomatoes with S&P on the side.

Leftover meatloaf from yesterday's dinner, open meatloaf sandwich with gravy. Potatoes, some vegetable, don't know what yet.

I was just starting to start thinking about that.....
I think a pork loin roast on the grill, roasted cauliflower w/ garlic (if the head is still good!) and salad.

Uncle Bob, can you order me the following please?
Shrimp Remoulade
Gumbo
Stuffed Flounder
Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce

I will try to make it on time, despite the 3 hours time difference!!!!!:LOL::LOL:

Seriously (not that I wasn't), we are getting used to the new border's schedule and instead of Saturday nights off cooking for him I have Monday's and DH just phoned to say he is eating at work tonight so if I can't make it to Mississippi, I think I will meet DD for dinner as it has been awhile just the two of us.

What's on everyone's menu tonight?

My friend sometimes cooks for me (gotta luv a guy that cooks ;)), so my turn. He's bringing the steaks & wine. I'm planning on:

Steak Chimichurri
Roasted red potatoes w butter & chives
Lemon green beans
Salad with sliced avocado, tomatoes, red onions, blue cheese, mushrooms & vinaigrette
French baguette
Raspberry Napoleans with raspberry sauce
Vanilla ice cream

funny, I didn't know until just now what my dinner plans were.:LOL:

called husband when I finally woke up.
asked him what he wanted for dinner.
couldn't talk, in a meeting.
called back and gave me the order on his mind for dinner.
so, it'll be:

Pork chops, boneless, grilled with baked apples on top
glazed carrots using honey, lyles golden syrup, brown sugar, butter, salt and pepper
scalloped potatoes with smoked bacon, mozzarella/mild cheddar, confit of grilled onions
garlic bread, grilled with parm cheese and sesame seeds and poppy seeds
nigella's streaky chocolate pudding with vanilla whipped cream

Holy cow. I should NOT have read this thread. I want to eat at amy's place. YUM!

Sadly, our dinner is less than exciting. Utility rather than style tonight. Kids need carbs and protein, I haven't shopped yet so tonight its spaghetti and meat sauce with a fresh green salad. Sigh.

hey, spaghetti is exciting!

We are having pork fried rice, with lots of veggies added.

I've got a green bell pepper starting to head South, and an onion that is not far behind - and a 6-oz or so hunk of sirloin also looking a little peaked ... and a rice cooker that I'he had for a couple of months that I've never tried.

Think I'll do a pepper-steak over rice tonight.

Pasta with sausage and pepper sauce and small salads ( I haven't done the week's shopping yet either)

Baked ham, mashed potatoes with butter on top and creamed corn. For dessert it's pudding.

LOL. :LOL: Over here, desert is pudding (i.e. we use the two words interchangably). I'm assuming you're cooking what I'd call a steamed pudding?

LOL. :LOL: Over here, desert is pudding (i.e. we use the two words interchangably). I'm assuming you're cooking what I'd call a steamed pudding?

It's dry pudding mix that comes in a box and you add milk to it and cook it until it thickens. We had the butterscotch flavor.

Paul and I carpooled this morning.... I think I'm going to make him stop and get sushi on the way home. There's a new place in town that I want to try.

If I can't convince him of that..it'll be either leftover soup or veggie burgers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom