What's for dinner? June 20, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I made a batch of split pea soup with carrots, onions, and a little bit of smoked pork neck meat I found in the freezer. Smells so good simmering on the stove. Should be done around 4:30. :yum:

What's on everyone's dinner menu? :chef:

Meatloaf and mashed potato's. Maybe a marinated cucumber salad along side.

I mixed some leftover mushrooms with last night's leftover smothered chicken. Strawberries and angel food cake.

Rainbow trout with caramelized scallions, basmati rice, and roasted cauliflower. And later, I'm going to treat myself to something ultra chocolatey (homemade) for dessert. Not sure which yet - either cake or cookies, or maybe chocolate truffles or maybe chocolate covered macaroons - so many choices!

I made a recipe I got from GB years ago. Chimichurri steak (I used flank steak) with chimichurri sauce. That was served with Spanish rice and some leftover coleslaw.

I don't know, I had some mac'n cheese earlier (around 4 pm) I'm a bit hungry right now. Maybe just some oatmeal.

We had a breakfast dinner. Scrambled eggs with grated sharp cheddar cheese, garlic toast, bacon, and cut up pears and blueberries. Yum!

I seem to be going more and more vegetarian ever since my gallbladder troubles. Now I am 100%.

I had a salad with lots of vegetables, cheese and avacado, a homemade dressing, lentil loaf and strawberries for dessert.

I seem to be going more and more vegetarian ever since my gallbladder troubles. Now I am 100%.

I had a salad with lots of vegetables, cheese and avacado, a homemade dressing, lentil loaf and strawberries for dessert.

What's a lentil loaf? I love lentils!

What's a lentil loaf? I love lentils!
The best way to describe it is a vegetarian "meatloaf". There are many varieties but mine combines cooked lentils, mushrooms, spices, etc. and you bake it in a loaf. I will try to remember to post the recipe tomorrow. If I forget, feel free to PM me a reminder!

Deviled eggs, hotdogs with toppings of choice (mine was chili, onions, pickled japs and mustard) and sides of choice.

Back
Top Bottom