Whats for dinner May 21, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
Something simple for us tonight. Pork chops, and either rice or potatoes and one other veggie. Making a boston cream cake (box mix) for dessert.

Tonight we will have some beef stew meat mixed with 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup and an envelope of dry onion soup mix. (I also add in about 1/2 cup of water and 1 tsp. of Kitchen Bouquet). I stir this together and bake it in the oven, covered, for about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs at 350. Will also have mashed potatoes and some green beans.

I had two slices of anchovy pizza, a banana and a slice of peach pie for lunch, so I suppose supper will be mixed baby greens with Thousand Island Dressing, shredded longhorn cheese, and cheese and garlic croutons.

I made two homemade pizza's. Homemade dough and pizza sauce. One was shrimp alfredo and the other was just regular pizza sauce, cheese and salami. The only thing not homemade was the alfredo sauce. My dad came over for lunch and we had those pizza's.

For dinner: I think: rib eye steak, left over homemade mashed from last night and probably some green beans parboiled and than pan fried in some butter, S & lemon pepper season.

Although I realize ribeye doesn't need to be marinated, I thought I'd try this marinade my DH bought at BJ's. It's called Lawrys Marinade with garlic & cracked black pepper.

We were going to have meatloaf but since hubby's out of town tonight I decided to clean out the fridge some. I'm having Greek pasta (fresh tomatoes, shell pasta, feta, & mozerella cheese baked into a gooey heaven), TC's having leftover pork tenderloin, bbq mushrooms, & corn, & Savannah's having a salad.

My DH came home late and said he wasn't that hungry. He probably stopped for a burger "lol". I'm not extremely hungry due to picking and I'm tired due to not sleeping well at night. So I'm not cooking. I just ate a good amount of watermelon though and will probably pick a little. Actually I might make myself a chicken sandwich because I am a little hungry "lol". OK I am pregnant "lol".
I have chicken from the beer can chicken I made last night. Ok i"m off to go toast my bread and get that sandwich rolling.

Update: Yup made the sandwich. Nothing fancy. bread, lettuce, onion, mayo, little greek dressing, chicken and slice cheddar cheese. Also some salt and pepper kettle chips.

Last edited:
I grilled chicken leg/thighs and yellow squash, aspargus, shrooms and garlic with baked potatoes. Leftover banana cream pie and chocolate and vanilla ice cream cake for dessert.

none of us was super hungry so I just took a head of iceberg lettuce, shredded it, added a bunch of chopped Italian parsley, a bunch of shredded basil, a half head of chopped mint, a package of cooked rice sticks, broken to smaller pieces, slices of bbq's pork and some good sized shrimp, green onions sliced, and,cucumber,bean sprouts, then tossed with roasted garlic rice vinegar,grated fresh ginger,sugar, sesame oil, a pinch of red pepper flakes, some sesame seeds,and a little soy..Had some beer and ice tea with mango, and that was it...Chinese fortune cookies and coconut ice cream for dessert.

kadesma;)

kadesma said:
none of us was super hungry so I just took a head of iceberg lettuce, shredded it, added a bunch of chopped Italian parsley, a bunch of shredded basil, a half head of chopped mint, a package of cooked rice sticks, broken to smaller pieces, slices of bbq's pork and some good sized shrimp, green onions sliced, and,cucumber,bean sprouts, then tossed with roasted garlic rice vinegar,grated fresh ginger,sugar, sesame oil, a pinch of red pepper flakes, some sesame seeds,and a little soy..Had some beer and ice tea with mango, and that was it...Chinese fortune cookies and coconut ice cream for dessert.

kadesma;)

Heavens, kades. I'd hate to see when folks were hungry in your house. I was stuffed by the time I read the last of your post and I didn't even take a bite.:ohmy:

Katie E said:
Heavens, kades. I'd hate to see when folks were hungry in your house. I was stuffed by the time I read the last of your post and I didn't even take a bite.:ohmy:

:LOL: I was thinking the same thing, Katie! Kads, that sounds wonderful, as always!

We weren't hungry here, either, but that has a different result at my house than at dear kads--DH and I had cereal!:ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: Sofie's cutting her first eye tooth :wacko: so she went soft and little of it--just a bit of spaghetti with spinach and sauce for her.

got home from our cottage tonight so it was basically clearing out the fridge. my sis and dad had eggs, my mom had leftover pasta salad and chicken and i made a personal pizza on pita for myself.

Katie E said:
I know there was a lot of salad, but there were 7 of us. Four men, three women and then the little nippers as well all four of them picked through it as well..You should see what a prime rib looks like when they are all here:LOL:

kadesma:-p

PA Baker said:
:LOL: I was thinking the same thing, Katie! Kads, that sounds wonderful, as always!

We weren't hungry here, either, but that has a different result at my house than at dear kads--DH and I had cereal!:ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: Sofie's cutting her first eye tooth :wacko: so she went soft and little of it--just a bit of spaghetti with spinach and sauce for her.
Thanks Pa, to be honest, I'd love a grilled cheese and tomatoe soup night!

kads:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom