What's for Dinner, Mon, October 13, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well since i just ate an apple blossom,(a apple,berry tart like thing) don't know what for dinner. definitely later, maybe corn dogs. i could probably taste the spicy mustard. :chef:

OK, I know I said I was going to toss a potato on the grill.... I did.... I just made grilled fries instead ;) They were covered in ranch dressing very shortly after this photo :LOL:
I decided to try the egg thing, too, because I saw it on a show..... eh, jury's still out, but it was not wasted :)

Attachments

• 10-13 steak, fries, beans, egg.jpg
    10-13 steak, fries, beans, egg.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 167
that looks good pacanis ....
i have a craving for eggs ...
tonight is raviloi ...

Since I don't have a real recipe for this, I'll just explain what I made - DH gobbled it up and it was very tasty, I'll have to admit. This is a sort of Fish Vera Cruz, but not really.

I took chopped garlic (three cloves) and half a chopped onion and sauteed them in a few TBS of olive oil. I added a can of diced tomatoes (no seasonings). Then I added about a TBS of Italian seasoning and a big handful of sliced green olives. I let that cook for about 10 minutes. Then I placed three large filets of Barbero - a fresh water firm-fleshed white fish similar to tilapia - on top of the mixture and spooned some sauce over the top. I cooked it for about 8 minutes - just until the fish was opaque. I served this with a basmati rice pilaf...took tiny-diced carrot, onion and celery, sauteed with the soaked and drained rice in a little butter and cooked in chicken broth. It was really good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom