What's For Dinner, Monday 4th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Well for us it is pork sausages on the grill pan, with homemade chips and the delicious curry sauce that we saved from last nights Chinese Curry Chicken to pour all over the lot, and some ciabatta loaf toasted on the grill pan with some olive oil :yum:

i'm out of work at 7am, then back in at 7pm, so i'll probably have some leftovers from the catering tables at work from the super bowl tonight.

either bbq ribs, chicken, and mashed potatoes, or eggs and breakfast sausage wraps, and a bag of chips..

Just notices the ground beef I took out was tenderised steak lol! So it's baked butternut and patty pan squash, spiced Thai rice and chicken fried steak for dinner!

I went to the chinese market and got a package of cut spare ribs. So tonight will be chinese BBQ ribs. I will toss them in the sauce while waiting for the oven to heat. I prepped veggies and beef for beef lo mein. I think I will bake a couple of the egg rolls I froze last week while I am doing the ribs.

Pan fried burgers for National burger day with fried onions and dill pickles. Toased homemade whole wheat buns ( leftover and sent home from the super-bowl yesterday), garlic mayo on the buns. Doctored up can o' baked beans along side. I had way too much caffeine yesterday, didn't sleep well. A nice cuppa chamomile tea after dinner to make sure I sleep all night. Don't know if it works or if I just think it relaxes. Whichever.

We're cleaning up the last of the leftovers. We had a meeting with our financial advisor that lasted longer than we expected and DH has a meeting at 6pm and I have choral rehearsal at 7pm. No time to really cook anything. I had the leftover brisket from our night out over the weekend.

It was taco salad here. I got some really nice fresh ground lean beef from the butcher yesterday and didn't want to make burgers as TB had them for lunch at work yesterday (they "tailgated" at the bus yard for the drivers who were working and couldn't be home for the Superbowl).

Our salad had beef and onion seasoned with my own mix, avacado, fresh salsa, green onion, cheese (TB had his special cheese, I had goat cheese) on a bed of spring mix.

It was YUM! :)

i just made my first ever mac-n-cheese from scratch (barilla pipettes, milk, velveeta, and gruyere) to go with my leftover bbq ribs and chicken to have at work.

i have to say that it came out fantastic! shamefully, i've only made mac-n-cheese from a box. but this stuff was great. the little, slightly curled pipettes lend themselves to holding a good amount of cheese. :yum: :chef:

i just made my first ever mac-n-cheese from scratch (barilla pipettes, milk, velveeta, and gruyere) to go with my leftover bbq ribs and chicken to have at work.

i have to say that it came out fantastic! shamefully, i've only made mac-n-cheese from a box. but this stuff was great. the little, slightly curled pipettes lend themselves to holding a good amount of cheese. :yum: :chef:
:clap: Yay, Bucky T: :clap: next you'll be making baked mac and cheese like a pro (no velveeta though! ;))

Congrats Bucky!!

Try using small shells next time. They hold lots of cheesy goodness. LOL

First try at homemade BBQ Chinese spare ribs and beef lo mein. Both turned out great!!

Homemade Beef Lo Mein and BBQ Spare Ribs

img_1236148_0_720e4423d546edcc910cf229af146c13.jpg

Stirling seems to be coming down with something, so I made onion soup using chicken broth (Jewish penicillin, almost). It came out really good. The V-slicer worked great for uniform, thin slices of onion. I think I put too much toasted bread. It soaked up a lot of the soup.

We had Pizza Hut pizza. Meat-lovers with extra cheese for James; pepperoni, mushroom, black olive, tomatoes, and extra cheese for me. I also had some hot wings with blue cheese dressing. :yum:

I have a pot roast in the crock pot. Cooked with a bottle of chili sauce, a envelope of lipton onion and some red wine. The smell reminds of a meatloaf with the tomato sauce. I'll make a french potato salad which uses a vinegrette dressing and has some blanched green beans added to it. It gives the potato salad a nice crunch.

Back
Top Bottom