What's for Dinner, Monday Dec. 29th....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually contemplate mine, too, Sattie, until lots of people post what they're having and I get some inspiration! Like yesterday - someone mentioned having cornbread and so I made Navy beans with left-over ham and cornbread. It was so good. I can't wait to figure out what I'll be having tonight!

I'm not sure what the DW is making, but it will include shrimp, lobster tails and two kinds of fish.

(I know because I defrosted them-lol)

I'm still contemplating my menu.... so tell me yours!

good morning, girl!

I also like to see what everyone's cooking before I decide - but I made up my mind last night that I'm making JimC's Linguini with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach, and Garlic (recipe posted in yesterday's "what's for dinner" thread).

DH is out of town and I'm going to the grocery store to buy some ingredients and try a couple new dishes! (I'm going to make a quiche too!)

We're getting together with the kiddos tonight...if they come here I'll make a ham.
If we go there... I'm letting them do dinner. I'm voting for their place! I'm ready for someone to cook for me!!

I'm trying to figure out how to cook for DH's newly diagnosed ulcer. Everything he asks for has either too much acid or too much spice.

I will be surfing ulcer diets before I decide.

My goodness Laurie..it's getting harder and harder to cook in your house!

My goodness Laurie..it's getting harder and harder to cook in your house!

Isn't it a good thing I am trained in special diets? ;)

Actually, when the test results come back we may find that he doesn't have the other problems and it may all be better once we get the ulcer sorted out.

I have been trying to eat up items from the freezer. I have a bad habit of buying meats at the grocery store when I have plenty in the freezer.
This morning I pulled out some tri-tip strips and marinated half of them in a spicy miso teriyaki sauce which I think I will serve with broccoli stir fry and white rice. The other half of the tri-tip I am marinating in Baja chipotle sauce to use for dinner later in the week.

Ok... the kids are coming here! And we are having pizza. Paul made extra dough and I made extra sauce the other day so it'll be an easy dinner. I'm even going to make them make their own pizzas. Mean mommy!

Actually, I have a big deal going on tonight...
My childhood friend and his boyfriend are joining my daughter and I for an after holiday meal. Another friend of mine, my photographer from my past, ahem...life....is also joining us.

We're having stuffed mushrooms (currants, brie and crab) with cocktails in the parlour.

First course is endive with port poached pears, saga bleu and candied pecans with an orange balsamic glaze.

Dinner is pork tenderloin marsala with butternut squash risotto and broccoli with lemon aoili.

I'm making a caranberry walnut braided bread.

Dessert is slices of linzer torte with eggnog creme brulee.

I have a pinot noir from the russian river valley for dinner.

i am looking forward to a marie callander chicken pot pie. more than a little tired of left over ham. will add a nice salad. hope to make pumpkin muffins this afternoon for dessert

Actually, I have a big deal going on tonight...
My childhood friend and his boyfriend are joining my daughter and I for an after holiday meal. Another friend of mine, my photographer from my past, ahem...life....is also joining us.

We're having stuffed mushrooms (currants, brie and crab) with cocktails in the parlour.

First course is endive with port poached pears, saga bleu and candied pecans with an orange balsamic glaze.

Dinner is pork tenderloin marsala with butternut squash risotto and broccoli with lemon aoili.

I'm making a caranberry walnut braided bread.

Dessert is slices of linzer torte with eggnog creme brulee.

I have a pinot noir from the russian river valley for dinner.
As always, I'm wishing I was eating at Vera's tonight.:( (For the company as well as the food!)

I have about a half pound of yellow split peas, so I may make some soup. Not too inspired today. Really feel like taking a nap.

Changed my mind. I'm quick soaking some pinto beans right now. Chopped up a mess of onions and garlic and took some smoked ham hocks out of the freezer. Pinto bean soup instead.

Homemade potato rolls are on their last rise and will have them with the soup. Carbs, carbs and more carbs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom