What's for Dinner? Monday, Dec. 9, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's cold and rainy. I've got a terrible cough. We had to take a car in for brake work. The Colonel graciously cooked for us.

I don't know what to call it, but I warm up a fresh tortilla, fill it, roll it up and nuke it. Lately I have been filling it with pepper jack cheese and salsa. To be eaten with the never ending turkey soup.

I just finished a huge hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and asparagus.

We have Marie Callender's pot pies in the toaster oven - beef for DH and chicken for me. Still not feeling great, so DH picked them up when he stopped at the store for coffee :wub:

I put a pan of kicked up baked beans and sliced pork chops in the oven. The house smells like molasses. Also a baked potato. Sliced cucumber marinated summer pickles. Banana bread for later.

Leftover pot stickers. (Yes, as many as I ate last night I still have a few left over.) Burp.

Leftover popcorn.

This is my night not to give a rats patootie about nutrition!

Woohoo! Kayelle, that is great news! Go Cheyenne!

We had hot roast beef sandwiches, a big glass of wine and some salad.

Thanks for the good wishes for Cheyenne Alix and Dawg. When she goes home depends a lot on her instinct to feed herself, as she was born at only 32 weeks, without that instinct. She's been fed her mom's breast milk through a tube in her nose, but today turned the corner. So far, so good......you go little girl!

I just had to come back to toot our horn about the best Jambalaya I ever made. Like so many dishes, Steve asked if we could ever have it again, but so many dishes are just a once in a lifetime experience. Dec. 9, 2013 the best Jambalaya I've ever made. Done. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom