What's for dinner, Monday, Jan. 16th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
I'm going to make some Carne Asada (see my post in the Ethnic forum), some Mexican Rice, and who knows what for a veg.

No kiddos today, so I'm going to play here and in the kitchen all by myself:LOL:
I am cooking some of the pork loin in the oven to shred for enchilladas, will have some rice, beans and tacos for the kids when they arrive for dinner...Haven't thought about dessert,I'm leaning toward something lite, maybe something lemon..Not sure yet.

kadesma:)

Lamb chops with garlic, olive oil and lemon.
Fried peppers
Garlic bread...

if paul can make it home at a decent time. If not... left overs.

Rachael Ray's chicken francaise (30 minute meals) my friend Joanne's rice and orzo and sauteed grren beans with homemade crumbcake for dessert

I'm making haddock tonight, though I'm not sure if it will be broiled or fried yet.

There's a cheesecake baking in the oven right now. My daughter got creative and began making a mixture of white chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, pecans, graham crackers and vanilla crackers for the crust then threw in a teaspoon of almond extract into the filling. Hmm...she's really up to something today. For the topping, she's going to sprinkle cocoa powder and a drizzle of white chocolate, caramel topped with pecan bits. The funny thing is she doesn't like to cook very often so I'm a bit shocked. We're wondering how good it's going to taste.

For dinner, I'm defrosting some ground beef so I guess I'll be making some of Alix's meatballs with tomato/curry sauce, white rice, salad and veggies.

Last edited:
so I decided to make the rabbit legs...
stewed with garlic and chillis and herbs de Provence and lots of white wine (the bottle was open):mrgreen:
with it we had potatoe slices seasoned with garlic and herbs de Provence grilled on a baking tray with a bit of olive oil *yummy*

They had hot dogs, I had leftover chinese and an artichoke..this one was VERY skimpy, but, I found the heart:LOL: It was goooood
younger son made a cheesecake with oreo crust. I think next time we'll do that and put cherry topping on it, might taste like black forest.

PA Baker said:
Everyone's dinners sound so good! I'm having pasta e fagioli soup, caesar salad and tomato garlic bread.
I second that. Everyone is really steppin up tonight.
I'm doing the same as last night, pizza etc. In other words, leftovers.

We were out today, so we had the crockpot going. Nothing exotic tonight - we had sloppy joes and corn with apple cake for dessert.

we had kfc tonight. :glare:

dw had a hankerin, and tried to convince me that my boy appeared to want to try chicken after having a taste of what i made last night, so i got the 8 piece bucket with spuds and coleslaw.
the chicken was mostly breading and skin, and was a little dry, but it was edible. the frying oil must have been fresh because i usually get severe aggida from badly fried foods.
the coleslaw was ok, a little sweet, not watery, but the potatoes were better used as spackle.

buckytom said:
we had kfc tonight. :glare:

(quote) aggida

that's funny. my next door neighbor is from NJ as she talks with the biggest accent. but, one of her favorite words is aggida..........she had to tell me what it translated to.........thanks for reminding me of her, I adore her and will call her today at her boutique and give her hugs..........

Back
Top Bottom