What's for Dinner, Monday, Jan. 22?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My daughter and I are having some whole wheat pasta with turkey meatballs, DH who is not a pasta fan is having a brined pork chop with FF's and salad.

We are having a roast chicken! It feels like ages since we had a whole chicken and I'm treating it like gold. We are going to have roast potatos, green beans, carrots with capers and some mashed squash alond with gravy and a stuffing. I might roast a couple of plums to have with yoghurt if we can fit pudding in. Its not so cold here seven degrees celcius, but the air is heavy and dank and its kind of making our bones feel cold.

Chicken marsala with mashed potatoes and green beans. CHocolate pudding for dessert

Tourtiere here (I made up my mind). Homemade applesauce. Roasted carrots.

angelfood cake with strawberries for dessert.

Boy, it's nice to be home for change and able to make something decent for dinner.

second helpings of the beef stew I made :)

it can`t be considered Leftovers per se, it only improves with time, although I think it will be all gone tonight as it`s so yummy!

Porterhouse steak on the grill, (even though the weather is crappy) potatos and probably green beans.

get this - when I went to get the ground pork for my tourtiere, it was the same price as ground veal.

Shouldn't veal cost a little more? Always seems pricey to me usually.

mudbug said:
I'm thinking it's good weather for chili dogs (what sides?) or tourtiere tonight.

Somebody please help me make up my mind.

I vote for tourtiere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're having leftover crab soup plus I "did" a pork butt in the oven. So it will be an odd combination of crab soup, lettuce wedges, and bbq sandwiches.

mudbug said:
Actually yours sounds pretty good, elfie, and not at all odd.

Not at all odd for "ME"? or just in general not at all odd :ermm:

I just found out my son is at home with one of his 6' friends chowing down on dinner already! I threatened him "good" - there better be some left for my dinner and DH's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After the day I've had, I just dug put some pizza dough, pulled some pizza sauce from the freezer and used the rest of the salami,mozzarella, sauteed some mushrooms and onions, opened some sliced black olives dumped it all on the pizza crust with the sauce sprinkled the top with parm and that was it. I did a small salad, and there is lemon sorbet or rocky road ice cream if anyone is interested:LOL: Next time I get handed 3 runny nosed, fever ridden little babies, after I kept telling their moms yesterday, keep them in it's to cold to play outside in just a light sweatshirt..Dinner will be OUT!!!! Lordy I'm tired..Those poor babies were so miserable all day..I spent most of it holding one or the other...Bed is looking better by the minute:LOL:

kadesma

I have some potatoes, carrots, celery, onions & beets cut up in the crockpot with a nice boneless beef rump roast on top. Serving that with a mixed greens salad & some fresh rolls. (Banana, Orange & pecan loaf for dessert)

Back
Top Bottom