What's for dinner Monday, May 7, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Delmonico Rib Eye Steak broiled served with black chef's Port Wine & Shiitake-Bella Mushrooms sauce. I will be trying it for the first time. Also Baked potatoes and Peas.

I just have to get some mushrooms at the store.

I'd have DH grill the steaks, but our grill isn't ready yet so we'll have to broil.

Legend, that sounds heavenly! Tonight will be medallions of pork tenderloin in a creamy herb sauce served over penne pasta. I am hoping to find time to make it to the market so I can add some shrooms, too.

I'm "supposed" to work this afternoon. However, with all the rain, the golf tourney may be cancelled. If it's called off, I'll be cooking, and I have no idea what is going to be fixed.

pulled bean soup w/kale outa the freezer. Have some fine artisinal crusty rye bread and smoked gouda to complete the dinner. I'm thinkin some crisp fuji apples too.

Edited: DH phoned to put in his order for a houmous platter tonight. That suits me better too, but I thought he was bored of sliced raw vegetables.

Last edited:
I have a tenderloin in the freezer, I will do something with it. I have some mushrooms, bell peppers and left over Risotto, but not enough. Maybe I will roast the vegies and add sweet potatoes. As you can tell I don't know yet. Too early on the west coast.

Tonight's meatless for us, so we'll have scalloped eggs, salad and Italian bread. Uncle Bob's chocolate hush puppies (cupcakes) for dessert. Had some of those last night. If y'all haven't tried them yet, you'd better get busy. They're great!

I'm in the mood for some chicken so I'm making....

Chicken Francese and I'll serve it over some buttered/herbed wide noodles along with some sauted asparagus.

I know it won't be leftovers because we finished them up at lunch, so I'll have to start from the beginning. Getting some good ideas here.

I'll probably just make a couple of hot dogs to eat in front of the television while I watch San Jose kick the everloving SNOT out of Detroit!

SizzlininIN said:
I'm in the mood for some chicken so I'm making....

Chicken Francese and I'll serve it over some buttered/herbed wide noodles along with some sauted asparagus.

I'd be curious to how you cook your Chicken Francese? I don't remember ever making that before. I looked up the recipe on allrecipes.com and it looks pretty good.

I haven't been here in ages!!!
Tonight I'm thinking we'll have Chicken Paprikash, Egg Noodles, and whatever green veggie looks good at the store.

Got some cube steaks in the crock pot. Will have mashed potatoes and cole slaw to go with it. For dessert some pudding.

I got a nice chuck roast at the store today. Will roast that with cheesy rice and veggies maybe broccoli or cauliflower.

Caine said:
I'll probably just make a couple of hot dogs to eat in front of the television while I watch San Jose kick the everloving SNOT out of Detroit!

Nope can't do that ! Our guys blow their nose before each game - sorry! lol "GO WINGS" !!!

Might go out tonight with friends, if not Iam the only one here so just a BLT w/vidalia onions or chicken tacos and strawberry dessert.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom