What's for Dinner, Monday, November 23rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, where is everyone?

It is just Dad and I again but I am hoping to pick up a ham steak at the store and grill it with some pineapple rings, home fries and mixed veggies.

Either that or I might make some more french fries since the fryer is still out from yesterday's lunch.

What are you having?

Not sure yet. Perhaps spaggetti. I'm going grocery shopping after work so we'll see what I feel like doing then.

Well, fries are out for dinner....see I just saw the fryer sitting there ready to go and couldn't help myself so we had them for lunch. Took me a few minutes to decide what to go with them (settled on bacon/egg sandwiches).

Now I don't have a clue for dinner as DH wants me to leave the ham steak for tomorrow when he can have it too.

So back to the drawing board. May head to Uncle Bob's.......

Salisbury Steak, mashed taters, gravy and corn.

Did you know that Salisbury Steak was invented as a health food in the late 1800s?

We are having leftovers from "around the world"...homemade pizza, chicken korma, Indian infused cauliflower & potatoes & carnita fajitas.

Leaning toward leftovers tonight myself. We have loads of ham and homemade mac n cheese, and some leftover chinese that is calling me.

It is 6:43 and I still haven't decided on what to have! I know what I want to have (tacos), but we don't have anything for that except the meat! I guess I'd better figure something out soon, as I am very hungry!

:)Barbara

spaghetti for us tonight with italian bread slathered with butter, garlic and parm. - oh and pumpkin spice cake for dessert.

Happy Thanksgiving Week! :)

I decided on salisbury steak. We had that over egg noodles, green beans and rolls. That sounded better than just beef patties with plain ol' beef gravy.

img_862891_0_11f4e0c27e637fd66536bed063119a8d.jpg

I ended up pulling some spaghetti sauce and meatballs out (I make and freeze them separately) for Dad and I and had that over fettuccine. Was very good for a cold rainy night.

Buttered cooked tiny pasta shells add to scrambled eggs with parsley, grated romano and parmesan cheeses and cooked till eggs set.

img_862899_0_bd3b6e7d9974b7b0f453efd5e8fb928d.jpg

spaghetti for us tonight with italian bread slathered with butter, garlic and parm. - oh and pumpkin spice cake for dessert.

Happy Thanksgiving Week! :)
yummy. care to share the recipe for the pumpkin spice cake? it sounds yummy.

Buttered cooked tiny pasta shells add to scrambled eggs with parsley, grated romano and parmesan cheeses and cooked till eggs set.

Ms M, I think the only time I have ever had eggs and pasta together is in carbonara. This looks and sounds very interesting. I will have to try it one of these days. I am not a big egg eater - they have to be IN something, like omlette with a ton of filling and cheese, fried rice, quiche, frittata, sandwich, etc. So this would be another way I might be able to eat them.

Ms M, I think the only time I have ever had eggs and pasta together is in carbonara. This looks and sounds very interesting. I will have to try it one of these days. I am not a big egg eater - they have to be IN something, like omlette with a ton of filling and cheese, fried rice, quiche, frittata, sandwich, etc. So this would be another way I might be able to eat them.

i think i may have posted my recipe for pastina and eggs. this is a variation of that. i'll try to type up a recipe tomorrow for you. just pm me if i forget.

Back
Top Bottom