What's for Dinner - Monday October 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, almost 4:45 and not dinner thread yet. There is chicken, mushrooms and wild rice waiting in the crockpot when we get home.

What about everyone else???

Last night we had a chicken curry with basmati rice, pappadoms and hot chutney sauce

I would like a few bites of everyone else's meals. Am still jetlagged from our Mpls journey, so will probably just throw together some veggies and mash.

Dinner tonight will be breakfast. I'm going to be making an omelette from the leftover flank steak from last night. I think I'll sauté it with some shallots and Gruyere cheese.

We had Costco rotisserie chicken with a salad and whole grain bread for dipping into olive oil/balsamic vinegar mix.

Strawberry mousse for dessert.

MY BIL came over after work for dinner and to help move furniture (but we decided against that).

I have chicken cacciatore on the stove, rice cooking and a nice garden salad!

I took a jar of alfredo sauce and jazzed it up with Swiss, cream cheese and bleu cheese crumbles, then layered it in a casserole with sliced potatoes, turkey ham and asparagus pieces. Pretty darn good!

Dinner tonight will be breakfast. I'm going to be making an omelette from the leftover flank steak from last night. I think I'll sauté it with some shallots and Gruyere cheese.

My dinner menu was deferred until tomorrow night.

Tonight's dinner was Italian sausage sandwiches with caramelized onions.

Roast lemon chicken with lots of spices, mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli.

Aunt Bea said:
Stuffed onions
Cabbage salad
Maple glazed carrots

Aunt Bea.... Do you have a recipe for the stuffed onions? I love onions, sounds delish!

We had pizza and salad tonight, all these meals sound so good I would have traded with any of you!

Aunt Bea.... Do you have a recipe for the stuffed onions? I love onions, sounds delish!

No recipe.

I peeled and boiled the onions for ten minutes then waited for them to cool in the onion broth. I cut off the top and scooped out the insides with a teaspoon. I made a meatloaf type mixture with some sausage meat, bread, onion innards an egg and some spices. Filled the shells and baked them for about an hour at 350.

I was not thrilled with the results.

They were good, not great! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Made prime rib, fingerling potatoes, dry sauted mushrooms with a little butter before serving, carmalized onions and sauted spinach. Was our "A" dinner.

I took a jar of alfredo sauce and jazzed it up with Swiss, cream cheese and bleu cheese crumbles, then layered it in a casserole with sliced potatoes, turkey ham and asparagus pieces. Pretty darn good!

That does sound pretty darn good Z :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom