What's for Dinner Monday Sept 12/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I don't have to cook at work tonight (YAY!) but I need to leave something for the family. I'm fresh out of inspiration. Likely I'll do something easy like spaghetti or chili or something.

Start posting your dinners folks, I need some inspiration!

I have to figure out what to do with two chicken breast halves and a tossed salad. SO is on a sort of diet so "she's watching what she eats".

I need inspiration, too!
I know what I'm having next Sunday, but no clue the rest of the week.

Hahahaha!! So true Andy! I have a couple of chicken breasts I could work with. What shall we do with them? Buffalo chicken dip maybe?

I have a bowl of taco meat left from Saturday's dinner. It's not enough to make a huge meal out of so I'm thinking taco salads. I have lettuce, chopped tomatoes, cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream and ranch dressing. Big plate of lettuce and top it with the taco meat and condiments and call it supper. DH teaches tonight and if there is not enough for him when he gets home, there's still taco ring and chili soup and cold cuts.

Andy, just add a small tin of tomato sauce, a healthy dollop of chili powder and some hot sauce to your ground beef. It will do just fine!

You could poach them in broth, shred them and make chicken tacos. That would be relatively fat free for your SO, and still tasty as all get out. You could add whatever fattening and tasty items to your own that you like.

I think I solved my own dinner dilemma now. LOL! I think that's what I'll do for dinner!

I'll have to look for the chicken breasts, I've got the seasoning. And a green pepper, too. I was thinking more along the lines of fajitas.

I think I'll grill some wings instead. Cajun flavored.
Wings and early MNF, it doesn't get better than that.

OK, but what do I do with the chicken breast halves I have defrosting,,,

I got it!

In addition to the chicken breasts, I found some green peppers. I have onions and fajita seasoning. I have tortillas, salsa and guacamole.

It's settled, I'm making beef stew!

Andy, you can shred your chicken and then add some salsa for the seasoning. I do that sometimes in a pinch. It flavors things nicely and I usually add some kind of tomato product to my meat anyway.

Back
Top Bottom