What's for Dinner, Monday, Sept. 22, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm making these sandwiches from the pioneerwoman.com site. It's cubed steaks sliced into strips with onions, butter, worcestershire sauce and seasoned salt on a toasted sub bun with melted swiss cheese. They're to die for! I'm thinking of making fried potatoes or onion rings too.

Barb

homecook .. those sandwiches are awesome ..
there was a thread here about them at some point ..
leftovers tonight for us .. ribs .. pasta salad and mac and cheese ..

I'm making these sandwiches from the pioneerwoman.com site. It's cubed steaks sliced into strips with onions, butter, worcestershire sauce and seasoned salt on a toasted sub bun with melted swiss cheese. They're to die for! I'm thinking of making fried potatoes or onion rings too.

Barb

Ooh, man. Those sound great!

I'm making these sandwiches from the pioneerwoman.com site. It's cubed steaks sliced into strips with onions, butter, worcestershire sauce and seasoned salt on a toasted sub bun with melted swiss cheese. They're to die for! I'm thinking of making fried potatoes or onion rings too. Barb
....................and I'm comin over:ROFLMAO:

Homecook, have you made the apple dumplings from the PW site? They are delicious and so easy. I let my 9 yr old grandson make them with my help.

I'm planning on making my "Smoke Roasted Chicken". I'm sure I've described this before, but here it is again.

I will brine 10 lbs of leg-and-thigh quarters. The brine will be infused with rosemary, thyme, sage, garlic, and pepper.

I will grill the chicken, over direct heat, but the firepan will be as far away from the chicken as possible, and the lid will be closed. I won't use many coals, so it will take around 30 - 40 minutes to cook fully. I call it "Smoke Roasted" as it's in contact with the smoke, and the lid is closed, but it's not the high intense heat of grilling. It's somewhere inbetween smoking and grilling.

The end result is tender, juicy, well-seasoned chicken. Yummy! All 10 lbs will dissappear by the time dinner is done.
Sounds great. How many people do you expect to feed with 10 lbs.?

I made one of those Trade Joe's frozen Tart Alsace - its a ham, gruyre and carmelized onion tart. I then made a salad of baby greens tossed with gorgonzola, little yellow tomatos, figs in a balsamic dressing. Quite yummy.

Scallops in brown butter on a bed of baby spinach, and a salad of tomatoes, almonds and Manchego with a rosemary vinaigrette.

i' uncertain- maybe snow crab/mussels/clams (i've so many of them!!!) or linguine. strawberry pie with my whipped cream. maybe i'll tint that pink.

pacanis - they are really good, you've got to try them!

love2"Q" - yes they are awesome, especially something so simple

LEFSElover - you're welcome anytime!

licia - no I haven't made the dumplings yet, maybe this weekend when my grandson comes over we'll try it.

Barb

The border liked the soup so much he packed the rest up for his lunch tomorrow, not realizing it was for all of us to eat tonight! No worries, DH didn't know I made it so picked up some wonderful sun-dried tomato & basil marinated pork chops and some salad. It was delicious!

Back
Top Bottom