What's for dinner? - Monday, September 24, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I'm going to be scrounging for whatever's in the fridge since tonight's Buck's Lions Club dinner meeting. If I don't find anything I like, I might just make a nice big bowl of popcorn and sit out on the front porch and eat while I enjoy the evening and my kittens. What's everyone else doing?

Tonight's a biggie! My favorite American winemaker and his wife are coming to dinner (and bringing the beverage!) It is also my two best friends' birthday celebration. So we're starting with Champagne and a Parfait of Duck and Goose Livers. At the table we're eating Deviled Rabbit with Sweet Italian Sausage and Roma Tomatoes on a bed of Braised Leeks, Sauteed Haricots Vert with slivered Garlic, Salad of Frisee and Arugula with Oregonzola cheese, hot and sweet pecans and a fig vinaigrette.

Dessert will be Fresh Peach Cobbler and Cinnamon Ice Cream. :chef:

Chef June - you have a private message ;)

Some sort of pasta dish with lots of fresh tomatoes, Swiss chard, shaved Parmesan, roasted red peppers - maybe some roasted brussels sprouts if I can find them and whatever fresh veggies I can get my hands on! Basic olive oil, garlic, lemon drizzle.

Bourbon...Evan Williams Black

Fried Chicken...

Mashed Potatoes & Gravy...

Okra & Tomatoes...

Crowder Peas..

Squash Casserole...

Corn Bread...

Spice Cake...

Bourbon...Evan Williams Black

Fried Chicken...

Mashed Potatoes & Gravy...

Okra & Tomatoes...

Crowder Peas..

Squash Casserole...

Corn Bread...

Spice Cake...

I am on my way Uncle Bob, one of my favorite meals, leave the porch light on ! My mouth is a watering :w00t2:Yum !

Note to self...do NOT read this thread hungry. I want to go visit each of you for a sample right now. Sheesh! I'm probably going to get some weird crap for dinner.

I haven't decided what to leave for the family, but it will likely be a one pot meal of some kind. I'm not in the zone yet.

I need to bake though. I have the worst craving for cookies. I think I'm going to go find that Cafe Mocha cookie recipe. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

um..........I'm going to show up at Chef June's door tonight - it's worth a try anyway! :blush:

If I catch just the right flight with no connections I might just be ok....surely she wouldn't kick me to the curb! :glare:

I came in here to look for inspiration. I am making something with chicken, maybe a stir fry of veggies or something with tortillas and filling or something I haven't thought of yet.

I would really like to have what ChefJune is having.

I had my dinner planned, but had to pick up gs. He wanted ham steak, macaroni and cheese (the real thing, not boxed) and baby green peas. So that is what we had. He will have an ice cream cone with his mother while she eats dinner, we will have peaches and cookies.

we had slow cooker pork...potatoes & carrots. I tried the crockery pork spice package that you mix with water. yummy!!!!

We had leftover grilled veggies from the weekend away, so I mixed those with rigatoni, a jar of spaghetti sauce, leftover hamburger from the freezer that I thawed and cooked up, and some fresh minced garlic and chopped onions and New Mexico peppers from the garden. Baked it all in the microwave that also bakes, and topped it with Italian sea salt, Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley just before serving. Good stuff :)

Back
Top Bottom