Whats for Dinner on Thursday November 17th 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
I've got to say I'm excited that Thanksgiving is getting closer and closer. Thanksgiving & Christmas has to be my 2 favorite holiday's because of all the home-made cooking that's involved with it. But enough about Thanksgiving I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Tonight for supper we'll be having hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill if the weather permits, it was raining and stormy here yesterday in Georgia with tornado's everywhere but luckily not to many people were injured. What's everyone else having for dinner tonight?

I may just go with a couple baked potatoes and some green beans, like last night. I'll be cooking up some Philly cheese steaks here shortly, so don't imagine I'll be all that hungry tonight.

I have some leftover hash brown casserole with kielbasa that I'll heat up for dinner tonight.

i had a doc appointment so i'm picking up takeout from an italian joint near where i had an apt. many years ago.

i hope it's still as good as it used to be. i'm getting a house salad, pasta o' the day (penne), a side o' sausage, and a mussels fra diavolo appy.

i'm sure everyone will be picking at it like crows on a carcass when i get home. :)

The plan HAD been to BBQ my beef ribs, but since the snow is still coming down the ribs are in the oven and smelling delish. I'll put on some rice in a bit and then make a nice coleslaw.

Creole smoked sausage over brown rice and steamed asparagus

Took some breaded chicken patties and poured some of Paul Newman's Sockarooni pasta sauce on them and sprinkled with shredded Swiss cheese (out of mozzarella), baked some garlic bread with cheese and had salads.

Funny you should mention rice, Alix. I just started some jasmine rice soaking. I didn't feel like firing up the oven for two baked potatoes. So it will be rice and sautéed green beans for me tonight. I might throw some green onions in with the rice, too.

Funny you should mention rice, Alix. I just started some jasmine rice soaking. I didn't feel like firing up the oven for two baked potatoes. So it will be rice and sautéed green beans for me tonight. I might throw some green onions in with the rice, too.

Mmm, that sounds good. Green onions are good in nearly everything IMO.

I ended up throwing some onion and cheddar cheese in with the rice.
My favorite way to have green beans :yum:

Attachments

• green beans and rice.jpg
    green beans and rice.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 145
pacanis said:
I ended up throwing some onion and cheddar cheese in with the rice.
My favorite way to have green beans :yum:

Yumm!

Dissecting the Greenberg turkey. Good grief, this stuff is good. We gorged. Finishing the last of the roasted cauliflower and carrots. The breasts are sliced and nicely packaged, legs and wings separated, skin and bisected carcass ready and waiting for something else.

Back
Top Bottom