What's for Dinner, Sat. 10/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
We're making homemade calzones with crimini mushrooms and proscuitto. Probably a salad on the side if we're feeling healthy and my "goofed" version of VeraBlue's Pumpkin coffee cake for dessert (if it's edible!:rolleyes: :LOL: ).

We're in the mood for burgers and fries so I'm going to season the burgers up with different spices and some worcheshire sauce. For the fries I'll season them with EVOO, Kosher Salt, Chili Powder and a little Paprika. And to finish it off......homemade milkshakes.

Artichoke quiche, tossed salad and garlic bread. All the oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies are gone, so not sure what we'll have for dessert. Although, Buck still has some of his Brach's Halloween harvest mix left and imagine that's what he'll have. It's his favorite candy and he lives for this time of the year.

Grilled country style ribs, then oven baked with sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes. Crusty bread too. Still have cake leftover or ice cream - lol maybe both :pig:

Last edited:
Salmon which is spending a little while sopaked in lime juice, chilli, honey and sesame oil with oriental black rice (as opposed to the wild American rice) and green beans, followed by a pineapple and rum tarte tatin.

I started planning a menu for DH being home next weekend too, I am trying to think of lots of cook in advance stuff or minimal cook stuff that will wow but not take up too much of our four days. ....

?? Paul was going to be gone all weekend but he got his deer yesterday so he's home. I didn't have dinner planned... I guess, I'd better start thinking. lol.

Baked pork tenderloin stabbed and stuffed with garlic slivers and dried plums then doused with Madeira. On the side, roasted veggies (onions, butternut squash, new potatoes) drizzled with EVOO and balsamic vinegar.

For dessert, we'll probably go out for the new Vanilla Frosty from Wendy's. They were just released in my neck of the woods!

I just have to say my CATS loved the pineapple tart tatin.....I am NOT impressed....I'll have to dig out my water pistol. But still, there was effusive praise for it and they are purring ecstatically and licking their sticky toffee sauced faces....

They got a plate my mother put down when the phone rang, lol

Good evening everyone!

The first course tonight is sauteed goat cheese rilettes on a bed of boston lettuce with candied walnuts and balsamic viniagrette.

Main course is roast leg of lamb served with fryed yukon gold potatos, peas and mushrooms with dried cranberries, and mashed apples with a hint of rum.

Dessert is eggnog creme brulee.

Cocktail is bourbon - neat
and we have an Australian syrah for the lamb.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

lulu said:
Salmon which is spending a little while sopaked in lime juice, chilli, honey and sesame oil with oriental black rice (as opposed to the wild American rice) and green beans, followed by a pineapple and rum tarte tatin.

I started planning a menu for DH being home next weekend too, I am trying to think of lots of cook in advance stuff or minimal cook stuff that will wow but not take up too much of our four days. ....

that sounds magnificent! I never saw oriental black rice....what's it like?

I was too tired to make anything from scratch, so I bought a rotisserie chicken and made mashed potatoes, peas, and a salad. Raking leaves was exhausting!

I tried something new tonight that came out well enough for dear husband to say he'd definitely enjoy it again (always a plus - lol!!).

I blanched a big bunch of trimmed, roughly chopped broccoli raab & then sauteed it in some extra-virgin olive oil with 3 big cloves of chopped garlic, a few dashes of crushed red pepper flakes, some sliced Artichoke & Garlic Chicken Sausages, & a can of drained Garbanzo(ChickPeas) beans. I then tossed all of that in with a box of cooked Barilla Farfalle (bowtie) pasta, & topped each serving with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

It was absolutely delicious, & I have enough leftover for a couple of lunches :)

Last irrigation of the season tonight so it's french dip sandwiches with au jus, garlic fries,and baked apples stuffed with cream cheese,nuts, brown sugar and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. All this between, running from check to check to gauge the water flow, and peeking in on the 1st. game of the world series...

kadesma:-p

Yum. Your dinner sounds fabulous kadesma. We had lazy lasagna (thanks for the idea GB) and salad. The chocolate chip cake is going to be a later dessert. We will likely have ice cream and all the "fixin's" on top of the cake. Mmmmmm.

Alix said:
Yum. Your dinner sounds fabulous kadesma. We had lazy lasagna (thanks for the idea GB) and salad. The chocolate chip cake is going to be a later dessert. We will likely have ice cream and all the "fixin's" on top of the cake. Mmmmmm.
Thanks Alix,
Just leave a piece of that cake by the front door, I'll bring ice cream:LOL:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom