What's for dinner Sat April 11/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Well tonights dinner will be something with chicken breast. I'd intended to throw them on the grill as the weather is warming up nicely. HOWEVER...we were tidying up the yard and tossing some stuff into the firepit when the wind picked up to hurricane force! Scared the pants off me as stuff started blowing around and I thought we'd be BBQing the siding on the house pretty quick! So...those chicken breasts are going to be done inside. I have some lovely mushrooms and peppers and zucchini to use. I'm sure I can think of some way to use all those yummies in one dish.

Dessert is reeses peanut butter bars. OMG...sooooooo good!

We fell victim to a free sample at a local supermarket and ended up with a package of teriyaki pineapple sausage. I'm making a batch of french fries to go with it.

Been working outside moving plants most of the day but we'll have a nice meal anyway. Trying a new pork chop recipe. Sounds delish. Browned chops in a chicken broth/balsamic vinegar/rosemary sauce. Sides will be steamed rice and Italian green beans. Iced to drink and baklava for dessert. We'll find out how well baklava freezes.

Leftovers. They show up in our rotation a lot since I cook for six with our household of two. :wacko:

Himself will finish up the Italian sausage with onions and peppers in the last hoagie roll, adding a splash of pureed tomatoes with spices/herbs. I'll have a bowl of Brunswick Stew from the pot that keeps on giving. First though, a nice salad since it's finally warm!

a variety of soft foods; baked fish, egg salad, vanilla pudding, DH's current favorite soft dessert of sliced bananas, jello(!) and yogurt or ice cream. I have made jello four times lately, finally made one with fruit juice, a bit of sugar and unflavored gelatin. Not sure what I will have. DH has been heavily grazing on the softies. I still have some pizza squirreled away from his pre-surgery days, I should finish that.

Artichokes and watermelon. :)
I bought a 4 pack of artichokes from Trader Joe's yesterday - they weren't really baby artichokes, and they weren't full grown. Guess I'd call them juveniles. :) They were very tender and so good.

Last edited:
Well the recipe book called it Shepherd's Pie but it quite obviously was Cottage Pie as it used minced beef.

I just ran out of time.:( I went grocery shopping in the morning. Where we moved is just not a city to find Mexican ingredients. My plan was to make 3 meals, lasagna, pot roast and a homemade mole. Made the lasagna, which we had for dinner and the pot roast for another meal. Stowed one of the pans of lasagna in the freezer for later use. I now have all the ingredients, including a substitute for the Mexican chocolate, so I'll make the sauce today.

Artichokes and watermelon. :)
I bought a 4 pack of artichokes from Trader Joe's yesterday - they weren't really baby artichokes, and they weren't full grown. Guess I'd call them juveniles. :) They were very tender and so good.

;) Those teenage chokes are good eating Cheryl! Hope you scored lots of goodies at TJ's. :cool:

I used another jar of their Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce last night, this time using shrimp, colored bell pepper, scallion, fresh spinach and then mixed in mostly cooked lo mein noodles to finish. Gosh it was sooo good!

;) Those teenage chokes are good eating Cheryl! Hope you scored lots of goodies at TJ's. :cool:

I used another jar of their Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce last night, this time using shrimp, colored bell pepper, scallion, fresh spinach and then mixed in mostly cooked lo mein noodles to finish. Gosh it was sooo good!

Dang, THAT'S what I forgot...! :( I'll have to pick some up next trip. I got a few bags of stuff, Kay, but not as much as I wanted to. We also had a Costco trip to make, and there's only so much room in the back of my daughter's SUV. I didn't want to hog it all. :pig::LOL:

Dang, THAT'S what I forgot...! :( I'll have to pick some up next trip. I got a few bags of stuff, Kay, but not as much as I wanted to. We also had a Costco trip to make, and there's only so much room in the back of my daughter's SUV. I didn't want to hog it all. :pig::LOL:

:LOL: Next time consider a UHaul trailer. I saw this interesting bit on the "Sunday Morning" show today.....Pirate Joe's.. You could start a business in the Ca. desert!

Meet Trader Joe’s Canadian counterpart: Pirate Joe’s - Videos - CBS News

Last edited:
:LOL: Wow, sounds like it would be in TJ's best interests to expand to our friends north of the border! I love Mo Rocca, btw. :)

Sauteed a duck breast which I had with a disastrous risotto. Think I stirred the rice too long in the oil at the initial stage (before adding the stock) which made it hard to open and absorb the stock. Also used the whole stock cube which was overly salty (despite adding roasted red pepper, tomato and a whole bunch of chopped parsley).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom