What's for Dinner, Sat, January 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cara

Master Chef
still no thoughts about eating? :chef:

I just had Tortellini with a Tomatoe-Ricotta-Sauce and it was very yummy, even if I out a bit to much chillis in... :rolleyes:

baby back ribs .. hoppin john over rice ..
grilled keilbasa .. french fries .. maybe something else ..

I'm not sure either, cara. The temperature has rocketed all the way up to 30F today, but it's very, very windy. I'm thinking uber comfort food, but haven't settled on any one thing. Am leaning toward chicken and dumplings, but that seems more like a Sunday dish to me. Maybe others here will give me some ideas.

I pulled out my little crock-pot (usually for dips, fondue etc) and I'm going to make Mark a mini dinner... one chicken breast, carrots, celery and then make a gravy from the juice.... either rice or pasta on the side.

I bought some great vegies at the store Thursday night after work. Who knows what I'll come up with. I have a craving for Cauliflower. My favorite way to have it is either on a salad or baked with butter and salt-n-pepper.

Katie,
why not make a pan of it?
cook dumplings, cut in small pieces and roast with the chicken cubes... break some eggs over it... done...

I was set up to make chili today; have the meat thawed, beans cooked and cornbread made, but dh has a sore throat....so I'm making creamed turkey over mashed potatoes....I just took delivery of a case of canned turkey yesterday and am anxious to try it. It's not like I need any more food sitting around here:wacko:

I have no idea what we are having. I have leftover baked ziti and I need to go to the grocery. Maybe a roast of some sort if I get an inspiration between now and the time I hit the store.

Now that the Pyrat rum is finally out of my system and my eyeball no longer feels like it's being squeezed....I can manage my thoughts for dinner.

First course is a salad of boston lettuce with marsala poached pears stuffed with pancetta and goat cheese. Probably drizzle honey and olive oil and top with black lava sea salt.

Dinner is pork chops with a mushroom bourbon sauce, sauteed butternut squash with kiln dried cherries and grits with saga bleu and chives.

I'm not set with dessert yet, but I'm thinking mocha pots de creme.

1792 Bourbon for cocktail hour and Lou hasn't made the wine selection yet.

I must get busy now.

I made chili last night, so I'll probably have that leftover with some NYT bread. I don't know what dh will have.
I've got spaghetti sauce in the crockpot so that will be for tomorrow. I'll make some Italian bread to go with it.

Barb

DH took out a pork loin earlier.
So, I suppose I'll make mashed potatos and a veggie???

I really wanted buffalo wings.
Maybe next week.

Back
Top Bottom