What's For Dinner Sat. May 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Still have roast beef leftover - so Iam making beef n noodles, roasted asparagus, and garlic bread. Cherry cake dessert w/vanilla ice cream.

DH, has to irrigate at 6 this evening so supper will be soup and french roll sandwiches. DH wants an Italian sandwich, so I'll remove some of the inside bread, brush with evoo and vinegar, then to make it easier to eat, I'm going to dice up salami,mortadella, provolone,ham,, add sliced olives,shredded lettuce,diced avocado, vidalia onions, red peppers I've roasted, mix them with some dressing and pile it on. I'm planning to wrap them and flatten the la de dah out of them as well:LOL: Later we will have strawberry shortcake if we feel a need for something sweet.

kadesma:)

the Usual Saturday night Pizza, although Dr Who isn`t on tonight :(

still... 1 outa 2 aint bad :D

Think I'll probably make steak for dinner and then come up with some sides later.

Moms day special: Meditereanan Chicken over rice, brocolli cheese bake, and italian bread. I might pick up a desert at the grocery store later.

It was originally suppose to be a spinach cheese bake, but unfortunately I bought a bag of chopped brocolli instead of a bag of chopped spinache. I already got the bake ready and cooked on the stove. I just need to heat it in the oven for 15 minutes or so on 350. I can't believe I did that.

woke up with a sore throat and feeling a bit off so whatever the husband makes for dinner is what we'll have. unless I go through the freezer and do a simple chicken and noodle soup for dinner. at low heat, in can simmer much of the day.

LEFSElover, I've had a sore throat too, turned out to be a sinus infection.

Last weeks turned out so well I am making another one:

asparagus quiche with smoked bacon, a bit of spinach, farm fresh eggs, some smoked gouda, lotas onions, and if I can rustle any up, garlic.

a spot of au gratin spinach with NY Times bread

I had 2 Quorn fillets with steamed asparagus & green beans and bean pate´ made with borlotti beans, very yummy!

I suppose we will have chicken in some fashion or another - the Mediterranean chicken sounds really good if I can locate the recipe. We are having rib roast tomorrow and I don't like red meat two days in a row.

Im eating right now, haha

Polish Kielbasa

Home Made Cole Slaw

Kettle Cooked BBQ Chips

:)

legend_018 said:
It was originally suppose to be a spinach cheese bake, but unfortunately I bought a bag of chopped brocolli instead of a bag of chopped spinache. I already got the bake ready and cooked on the stove. I just need to heat it in the oven for 15 minutes or so on 350. I can't believe I did that.
Legend, I often substituted chopped broccoli for chopped spinach in recipes when my children were small. They "thought" they didn't like spinach, so I'd swap out spinach and use broccoli in recipes calling for chopped spinach. As time went on, I reduced the amount of broccoli and added the spinach back in until it was back to the original all-spinach recipe. They never knew what hit them until they discovered spinach wasn't so bad after all.

Last edited:
Lefse, I hope you feel better fast!

We tried a great new grilling sauce on our chicken tonight--ginger orange. I served it with rice and stir-fried veggies (peas, broccoli, squash, and carrots). It was the first meal I've had in several days that tasted really good!

Mothers day dinner turned out fabulous. We picked up a chocolate cream pie for desert...yum yum

went over to a friends for dinner tonight so I had pizza!
back at the ranch they ordered in chinese which worked out well seeing as i'm not a particularily huge fan of it, and the rest of them are!:chef:

I am reheating three Italian sausage links I previously cooked and froze. I am combining them with some spaghetti sauce and Bailla Plus multgrain rotini, and crusty Italian bread. Oh, and a salad, of course.

Last night I sauteed up some Shady Brook Farms' Chipotle-Citrus marinated turkey strips & served them up with warm whole-wheat flour tortillas, sauteed orange bell peppers, Vidalia onions, shredded lettuce, sour cream, grated cheese, salsa, yadayadayada.

12oz Fat Free Milk
35g Protein Powder
1 handful rolled oats
1 handful blueberries
1 handful psyllium husks
2 packets splenda
handful icecubes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom