What's for Dinner Saturday 11/19/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice, Patty! Jabbur, hope you feel better soon!

I'm trying a noble experiment. I'm carmelizing some onion, have some leftover roasted vegs (cauliflower and carrots with rosemary) and smoked turkey, will turn it into something, hopefully edible.

Update: Well, it turned out pretty good, if I do say so my own self! A little chicken broth, water, a smidge of Velveeta, sliced green onions, some quinoa, good stuff!

Last edited:
Homemade pizza. We do ham, back bacon, salami and pepperoni. I have a heavy hand with the pizza sauce and cheese. I was full after 1 and a half pieces. There is a LOT leftover. I need to make this when we have a house full of teenagers not when its just Ken and me and Bugs. Yeesh.

as i already reported in my down low scrapple thread, my west coast scrapple order showed up in the mail this morning. long-story-short, after breakfasting on scrapple and eggs, i couldn't get the savory-sagey-spicy flavor of the scrapple out of my mind. for supper, i was compelled to fry another oblong slab of the crusty browned scrapple loaf to eat with my outsize mug of cream of celery soup. mmm, i've been a satiated foodie today, for sure....:)

Quick and effective.
Grilled steak and potato, sautéed shrimp and green beans.
I have FINALLY used up my BOGO green beans :clap:

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 168
pacanis said:
Quick and effective.

Would love a big bite of that steak, Pac. Great looking meal!

I made a big pot of beef vegetable soup, salad, and biscuits. Good thing I did because I had guests drop by. It was mmmm good!

vitauta said:
as i already reported in my down low scrapple thread, my west coast scrapple order showed up in the mail this morning. long-story-short, after breakfasting on scrapple and eggs, i couldn't get the savory-sagey-spicy flavor of the scrapple out of my mind. for supper, i was compelled to fry another oblong slab of the crusty browned scrapple loaf to eat with my outsize mug of cream of celery soup. mmm, i've been a satiated foodie today, for sure....:)

I love scrapple ang grits ;)

I roasted fingerling potatoes and carrots from my garden in some evoo, a bit of butter, parsley and salt and pepper. Tossed some broccoli in for the last few minutes and served it all with the "bottom round roast" I mentioned earlier. Now I know that some will say, " that should have been pot roasted," but after marinating it in red wine and herbs and following that up with a dry rub....it was perfect! Tender and tasty with just the right amount of "pinkness". The 2007 Chateau St. Michelle Merlot was the perfect accompaniment. :)

image-773390498.jpg

image-757565969.jpg

Last edited:
Somebunny said:
I roasted fingerling potatoes and carrots from my garden in some evoo, a bit of butter, parsley and salt and pepper. Tossed some broccoli in for the last few minutes and served it all with the "bottom round roast" I mentioned earlier. Now I know that some will say, " that should have been pot roasted," but after marinating it in red wine and herbs and following that up with a dry rub....it was perfect! Tender and tasty with just the right amount of "pinkness". The 2007 Chateau St. Michelle Merlot was the perfect accompaniment. :)

That looks yummy, Somebunny! Would love some!

Last edited:
pacanis said:
Quick and effective.

Beautiful looking dinner Pac as usual!

Everyone's meals sound great....mmmm! Homemade pizza!

m

View attachment 12426

oooh, somebun, your meal is a delicious, glistening sight to behold! so very inviting....:)

Last edited:
Somebunny said:
Dawgluver, how did your "experiment" work out? I thought it sounded delish!

It turned out really good, Somebunny! Thanks for asking! The quinoa added a certain toothsomeness, sort of like tiny wild rice grains.

I'd post it in Soups, but the ingredients are not something everyone would have in their fridge at any given time. Oh, what the heck...

Back
Top Bottom