What's for Dinner, Saturday, 18 October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Brrrrr, it's officially chilly today. Definitely a day to keep the oven on, warming the house.

Cocktail hour this evening is Knob Creek bourbon with a drop of water.

First course is shrimp with sage butter in puff pastry.

Dinner is lobster medallions and mushrooms over angle hair pasta with a light spicy tomato wine sauce. I'll use the last of the tomatoes from the garden, just chopped and tossed with butter, garlic, white wine and one hot pepper.

I'm making italian bread later. The biga is out of the fridge, warming to room temperature.

I'm also making a pineapple upside down pumpkin gingerbread cake for dessert.

The vintner is watching Band of Brothers so I'm not sure what the wine is for the evening.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

And your dinner sounds wonderful! We are heading out with the new in-laws for dinner tonight. Promised them a nice steak before they head back to England on Wednesday.

Probably eating gumbo or jambalaya - made both in my cooking class today and have enough to make 5-6 meals!

Eggs Benedict, sausage links, hash browns for the wife and I. Pancakes, sausage links and hash browns for the kids.

A few sips of Elmer T. Lee Bourbon
Fried Mississippi River Catfish
Big bowl of Greens...Wit hot pepper sauce;)
Corn Bread....
Chocolate Pie....

Hmmmmmm:ermm:..Where is my Red Head, Pie Lovin Girl?????
Helooooooooo! Miss Kitty!!!!

It is a lovely fall day here in east/central Kansas so it will be Brie and green chile soup with corn muffins for dinner tonight.

Edited to add photos.

img_705906_0_a039209f325cfe995d742cb84104f2fa.jpg
img_705906_1_8dc25892efb3b4c40e37714d45f14eed.jpg

I gotta admit, everyone's dinner sounds magnificent, even breakfast for dinner!

Elaine, have a nice evening with your family!

Nothing for me tonight. I had a late lunch of last night's leftovers.
Plus I just got done blanching some asparagus, I'm seasoning my my new DO, I just mixed up another attempt at NYT no-knead, I hunted for 30 minutes to find my piece of marble that I want to use for dough, Apocalypto is on in HD (gee I hate subtitles when I'm doing other stuff), I gotta rub the brisket down yet for tomorrow's burn. Nope, just ain't hungry for dinner. I will live vicariously through yours.
That doesn't mean I'm not keeping my liquids up though....

Back
Top Bottom