What's for dinner? Saturday 2-27-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
High of 80F on this beautiful sunny day - I'm going to grill some chicken thighs and asparagus. I'll probably do something with a potato too, not sure what yet - maybe I'll bake one in the toaster oven and have it with sour cream and chopped green onions.

What's on everyone's plate today? Looks pretty nice weather wise across most of the country. :chef:

It is so nice here today I fired up the smoker. I have a meatloaf in it for supper. As long as it was going I threw in some chicken wings and a small ham. :yum:

Sunny here, but it barely topped 30 F today. Took doggy to the beach, but the wind made for a chilly walk. Had a rather filling lunch out today, so it will be a light dinner. A simple thin crust pizza, topped with cheese, marinated sun dried tomatoes and kalamata olives.

Roasted beet salad with goat cheese vinaigrette, blackened Mahi and asparagus ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1456610201.382843.jpgImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1456610218.815216.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Nice looking meal, GA!

I haven't the faintest. I finally froze the remaining neverending chicken Alfredo. I have another hankering for baked breaded chicken strips, or maybe we'll order takeout.

Edit: following a brief discussion, Chinese takeout it is! Egg rolls, hot and sour soup, pork chop suey, and shrimp egg foo yung.

Last edited:
DH mentioned going out to dinner and I'm not going to argue! :LOL: I have in mind a local restaurant called HomeGrown whose chef buys the produce from the same farmer that sells at our farmers market. He makes his own pickles, breads and cured meats. I might just get the snack platter and a salad.

Pulled some "Goulash Soup" out of the freezer. It had a date of two years ago, so I was doubtful it was any good. But it seemed to be fine and tasted great.

I've found that some of my "vintage" frozen dishes, even several years later, taste just fine. Sadly, I never can replicate anything.

I made chicken parmesan for the first time tonight. I trimmed some chicken breasts, pounded them flat, salt/peppered them. Then they got dipped in flour, then in eggs, then in breading with parmesan mixed in with it.

Then I put them on a greased sheet (EVOO) and topped them with some marinara sauce and some shredded mozzarella cheese. Baked them at 375.

Served with a side of Barilla spaghetti, mixed veggies, and garlic bread.

Pulled some "Goulash Soup" out of the freezer. It had a date of two years ago, so I was doubtful it was any good. But it seemed to be fine and tasted great.

My dad dated a woman for a year or so when I was a kid. She'd make the best goulash of all time. I can still taste it 30 years later. She was of Greek ancestry I think. We ate TV dinners or McDonald's on the nights she wasn't around.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom