What's for Dinner, Saturday 6/17/17?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
We are going to meet my in-laws at Costco for hot dogs and poutine for lunch in a few minutes.

While at Costco I hope to pick up some steak for TB and salmon for me which he will grill tonight...all of it! I like to have the grilled salmon and steak on hand in the freezer for other meals.

I am also going to get some fresh veggies to go with it and maybe some corn on the cob.

What's everyone else having?

We are a bit ahead. Already had dinner. It's just after 9 pm already. My 15 yr old cooked tonight. Caty made crispy pork rashers, brown rice, mushroom sauce and green beans mashed with potato and onion. Very yummy

Tonight it is leftover Italian sausage and peppers, while my new Treager pellet smoker is seasoning for the pork butt I have planned for it tomorrow.:chef:

CD

At the moment the plan is for Italian sausages on the grill and potato salad.
That turned out really tasty. And, the rain that was in the forecast didn't happen. We some more of the lemon sherbet I made yesterday. Oh that sherbet is good. :yum:

I took so long shopping today that I figured we'd have OK pizza-pizza and excellent fresh-brewed beer from the brewery in the next town. Pizza in the back seat, I take my quart bottle into the tap house and...find out they are nearly out of beer! Only their own chocolate stout (not for pizza...) and a few guest beers that were mostly stout, porter, and one called "Be Hoppy". Cute, but I don't do heavily hopped beer. We had pizza, alone and lonely pizza. To make up for the no beer, I made fruit salad with blue- and raspberries, cherries, peaches and nectarines for dessert. We each had a bowl full with a bit of vanilla ice cream. It was good, but it wasn't the same as beer...

I should have known better than to try a different idea than the one that has worked every time. I set up the "kettlepizza" on the Weber and instead of using the side baskets I purchased to hold the coals in the bottom of the grill, I used lump in the bottom. I ruined several pizzas because the stone got way to hot and burnt the bottom of the crust in about 30 seconds.:( Never again! Can you say pizza fail.:ermm::( The ones that weren't burnt had to be finished in the oven.

Friend came over with some leftover Chicken Wellington that she and I had made months ago.

We both thought it might be a little freezer tasting... wrong!

It was scrumptious! Yes, the bottom crust was just a tiny bit soggy but very tasty even in of itself!

We both sort of thought it was even a little bit better than original. She commented that I had called her the day after we had made it to say I'd had a tiny slice of it for breakfast and thought it tasted better than the night before. So now I need to put this on the list to make "just for the freezer". :LOL:

I made meatballs and mixed them with homemade barbecue sauce, and roasted potatoes with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning. Also made a green salad.
0617172016_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom