What's for dinner? Saturday 6-8-19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm having pan seared scallops with garlic lemon butter, and fresh green beans with mushrooms and toasted almonds.

What will be on your plate? :chef:

Sweet Spicy beans over whole wheat pasta. One of the family favorites.

I'm glad I double-checked before I posted my thread, Cheryl. You beat me. I guess that sort of thing happens on National Best Friends Day. ;) It's also National Rose Wine Day, so there's that. :cool:

Nothing exotic on our table. Instead, I'm making tossed salads and Naan bread pizzas-to-order.

It's also the one-year anniversary of the death of Anthony Bourdain. Seems like yesterday and yet so long ago.

I'm glad I double-checked before I posted my thread, Cheryl. You beat me. I guess that sort of thing happens on National Best Friends Day. ;) It's also National Rose Wine Day, so there's that. :cool:

Nothing exotic on our table. Instead, I'm making tossed salads and Naan bread pizzas-to-order.

It's also the one-year anniversary of the death of Anthony Bourdain. Seems like yesterday and yet so long ago.

You are a sweetie, CG. :flowers: Wow, can hardly believe it's been a year since Anthony Bourdain passed away. Time goes by WAY too quickly.

I made Dragonlady sesame noodles early this afternoon. We snacked on those a bit. Then we had smoked meat sandwiches that DH picked up at "The Main" on Boulevard St-Laurent in Montreal, while he was out with friends last night. I love the smoked meat sandwiches from The Main. I've been going there since the late 1970s. They season and smoke the briskets in house. I had a bit more of the Dragonlady noodles with that, since I was only having half my sandwich now. They pile a lot of meat on those sandwiches.

I need to finish off some leftovers tonight. Pizza and wings.

If I can stand the heat, I'll probably grill or smoke something tomorrow.

CD

I'm actually headed to the kitchen to cook tonight!

I have a beautiful eggplant, some zucchini, bell peppers, and fresh tomatoes so I'll be making Ratatouille and serving it with leftover rotisserie chicken.

We had skillet pizzas on tortillas using some of our garden grown basil. The one thing the critters haven't eaten. Also salads and a beer for me.

I'm having pan seared scallops with garlic lemon butter, and fresh green beans with mushrooms and toasted almonds.

What will be on your plate? :chef:

This was pretty good. :yum:

Attachments

• scallops with green beans, mushrooms, and toasted almonds.jpg
    scallops with green beans, mushrooms, and toasted almonds.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 117
This has been a VERY stress-filled week (I'll you more later),
so I decided that we needed a very comforting meal this evening.

IMG_4329.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

I finally got to use my new red pot.
I WAS going to make my family's recipe for no-knead bread,
but it bakes at 450° and that new pot is only oven-safe to 400°
:angry:
SO
bread went into me Le Creuset and the new Tramontina
did my version of Chicken Cacciatore
YUM!
Did I say that it's been a really crumby week?
Ice Cream Sundaes to follow!

I finally got to use my new red pot.
I WAS going to make my family's recipe for no-knead bread,
but it bakes at 450° and that new pot is only oven-safe to 400°
:angry:
SO
bread went into me Le Creuset and the new Tramontina
did my version of Chicken Cacciatore
Looks like you bought a DO with a plastic handle. Tramontina DOs with a metal handle are rated to 450. You can replace the plastic handle with a metal one.

Pan-fried Alaskan pollock sprinkled with Penzeys Za'atar seasoning, served over tahini sauce and finished with toasted pine nuts, rice and orzo pilaf, braised green beans with lemon juice and feta, and grilled flatbread with more za'atar. I love that stuff :wub:
20190608_204729.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom