What's For Dinner Saturday 6th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's going to be hot and humid. I'm going to take a bunch of greens from the garden, Chinese pea pods, fresh blackberries (from the berry patch), radishes, walnuts, and some grated parm. I will dress the salad with fresh herbs, EVOO, a dash of soy sauce, and some white wine vinegar. Maybe toss some leftover turkey in as well.

I have my mentoring session this morning and I drive by a farmers market to get there. I plan on stopping on my way home. I'll pick up some sweet corn for sure and I'll check out their other offerings. Maybe get some potatoes, tomatoes, etc. After I see what's available, I'll plan dinner around the market trip.

We're having a small gathering at our house tonight before heading out to a concert. Dinner will be grilled salmon with orange glaze, tri-color beans, roasted baby potatoes, and green salad with homemade buttermilk dressing.

I got sweet corn, butter beans, celery and potatoes on the veggie side and peaches, blackberries, watermelon on the fruit side. Corn, hamburgers, peaches for supper.

DH has moved literally a ton of paving stones from the stoneyard to our backyard, for use in building our new, expanded patio, so he has a hearty appetite today :LOL: I picked up some New York strip steaks for grilling and will make either grilled potatoes or potato salad and a saute of garden summer squash, onion and garlic.

We had chicked sauteed with garlic and onions, pasta with homemade parmesian sauce, and fresh vegetables. Hubby and I shared with the neices tonight. Dinner was good. The company was great.

We're having a small gathering at our house tonight before heading out to a concert....

Steve, can I come live with you? Pretty please? :flowers: You and your gang do so many fun things and Himself isn't a fun guy. :( Doesn't mean I don't love him, but he's kinda...boring?? :D I'll even wash the pots and pans.

I'm making taco pot to use up my ground beef. Last time I mixed seasonings for tacos I made enough for four times. Gonna make sure I use more lettuce than chips since it's so hot here. I washed up fruits to make a salad from peaches, blueberries, red grapes, and cherries. Have to cut up the peaches and pit the cherries, then I'll add a banana right before we eat it. It will be dessert with a dollop of ice cream. Cool foods for hot weather. :yum:

Open-faced barbeque chicken sandwich on a baguette with melted extra sharp cheddar and sliced sweet onion.

Smoked bbq chicken and corn on the cob.

Here it is smoked
IMG_20130706_175601.jpg

And after some time on the grill with some bbq sauce.
IMG_20130706_182807.jpg

So much talk of margaritas the other day, so I figured we'd have them with the taco pot. Never had one before, just a sip of my SILs at Appleby's one time. Not impressed. Made Margarita Spritzers from Stephanie March's recipe (equal parts tequila, triple sec, and fresh-squeezed lime juice. Pour into glass and add a splash of seltzer. Enjoy - mmmmm) and now I'm too relaxed to clean up the frypan. :LOL:

We're having a small gathering at our house tonight before heading out to a concert. Dinner will be grilled salmon with orange glaze, tri-color beans, roasted baby potatoes, and green salad with homemade buttermilk dressing.

Sounds wonderful Steve :)

What concert did you go to?

Last night was tacos and grilled wings.
Earlier in the week my sister gave me the free spice she had gotten from her trip to Penzeys, Berbere. I grilled the wings simply using the berbere spice and am posting to give it a two thumbs up to anyone who wants a flavorful heat spice. Very unique flavor.

Attachments

• tacos & wings.jpg
    tacos & wings.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 190
We had a late dinner of gluten/dairy free pizza. We have found the best GF crust ever at the bakery we get our bread from. The crusts work out to $4 each but it is totally worth it compared to the difficulty in making it and not having it turn out as good.

We topped it with my homemade sauce, Italian sausage, peppers, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes and baby spinach. Followed by the best shredded non-soy non-dairy "Mozzarella".

It was YUM!!!

Last night was tacos and grilled wings.
Earlier in the week my sister gave me the free spice she had gotten from her trip to Penzeys, Berbere. I grilled the wings simply using the berbere spice and am posting to give it a two thumbs up to anyone who wants a flavorful heat spice. Very unique flavor.

Pac, we should visit each other some time and do some cooking. Your food always looks so good! PA isn't *that* far from MI. I have a friend in NJ that I'm going to have to visit eventually. I'm sure I could swing by your neck of the woods on the way there. Or if you ever make it to GR I could likely convince the Chief to come down and Sprout is already in the area. Ah, dreams.

Back
Top Bottom