What's for Dinner Saturday April 9th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, I must be up early. I've started this sucker two days in a row now!

I MIGHT be going out for dinner before we go to the theater. Might not though, so my back up plan will include some lovely ham and cheese...perhaps Monte Cristo sandwiches? I think I might do some french onion soup too. I have a vat of stock in the freezer and some staled out french bread that needs using up.

If I get some time, which is looking unlikely at the moment, I want to do a little baking. I've got the itch.

I have some bacon (4 slices) that needs to be cooked so I'm thinking bacon cheeseburgers. Not sure of sides yet. Have to hit the store this afternoon so will figure out sides while there.

Just put this in the crock pot...http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f14/crock-pot-kalua-pig-65081.html About the only time I use my CP is for this.

I need to get to Trader Joe's to get more of those wonderful buns I used for burgers the other night. I'll make http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/my-take-on-kfcs-cole-slaw-69550.html
This recipe from Constance looks great for another side...http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f20/hawaiian-baked-beans-10834.html

I think I'll call my boys and invite the whole family for dinner. :chef:

Off to find a good recipe for pineapple upside down cake. Anyone have a great one?

I'm making a batch of my gluten free beef/pork meatballs to have in the freezer so I will probably be making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner so we can enjoy them fresh. Or, since this is the last hockey game of the regular season, maybe meatball subs! Either way I guess I will also be putting on a pot of marinara!

Add to that making a batch of diabetic safe brownies for Dad and some granola for me and the kitchen will be well used today - and the house will be filled with incredible smells!

I've got a taste for grilled Johnsonville brats, but that would involve a trip to the store, and that would involve making a shopping list so as not to waste the trip, and that would involve taking a quick inventory, and that would involve getting my butt up off the couch... everything is so involved...

I've got a taste for grilled Johnsonville brats, but that would involve a trip to the store, and that would involve making a shopping list so as not to waste the trip, and that would involve taking a quick inventory, and that would involve getting my butt up off the couch... everything is so involved...

All far too familiar. And it's Saturday, so the stores will be crowded.

I feel your pain, man. Life is so hard. Why don't you just have one of the dogs bring you a beer and watch the ball game.

All far too familiar. And it's Saturday, so the stores will be crowded.

Tell me about it! Now I remember why I don't go shopping on Saturdays between 11 AM and 6 PM.

Oh... we are having leftover fried haddock, mac-n-cheese, green beans, and salad.

Geez, Road, everything is on sale by you now :LOL:

This is one of my worst times of year, Andy, I don't like baseball :(
Although I really should train my dogs to be more useful.

Well I did put together a shopping list, and then I went and shoveled some dirt, so it's not like I didn't do anything, but those brats aren't getting bought until tomorrow, when I can hit wally world early.
I did have a big lunch, so maybe I'll use up the leftover alfredo sauce and spinach from last night and serve it over toast tonight. I don't see me getting hungry until six hours from now anyway.

Back
Top Bottom