What's for Dinner, Saturday, August 23?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
It is late afternoon and no dinner thread started yet. I came here for ideas, no luck.
I have to work tomorrow evening shift, so I am making Beef Stroganoff, fresh Garden Salad and Fresh Peach Pie with Candied Pecan Topping. I am looking forward to eating that.:chef:

Paul's taking me out to dinner! Not sure where but fancy, good, relaxed and quiet are the requirements.!!

Givin' my little 4-cup crock-pot another workout. Threw some onions, carrots, celery and chicken in. Did the salt and pepper thing and added some fresh basil leaves. Should begin to smell good pretty soon. Not sure what else I'll have. It's warmed up here again and that depresses my appetite. As it is, I'll probably eat half of what I cook today. Want something sweet, but it's too hot to bake.

Leftover hickory smoked chicken quarters and breasts here.

Wife says it's the best rub I've made. Glad I wrote it down.

going to a BBQ so not sure yet........but I am taking a variety of hummuses and corn crisps for a app.
I had planned to make a fresh loave of bread today but HA! That didn't happen!!

I dunno what I'll be eating, but I'll definitely be cooking! There were some absolutely incredible deals at the store last night, and I ended up coming home with around 40 pounds of whole chickens and pork products- all of which I'll be breaking down soon. I'll start with the chicken, so I can get some stock made, and then I'll probably start trimming pork loins, and then start my boston butt curing to be used in pulled pork later this week.

I also grabbed some dried anchos, and since I'm nearly out of my homemade mole sauce, I'm bedating on whether I should make more, or simply use the anchos as a base for some homemade BBQ, which I am out of.

I got a huge watermelon, which I need to break down to use for watermelon salsa.

I'm guessing that all of this will be taking up the rest of my afternoon and most of the evening- and I'll probably just end up nibbling throughout the day.

Just got back from vacation. No food in the house so we will go out. I am in the mood for a nice piece of RED meat!

We are going to a couples baby shower. My neighbor is having 60 people over for this AND he is grilling steaks for everyone - is that nuts or what?! He told me there will be a bourbon slush station - now, this is my kind of baby shower!

Meatloaf, potato patties, tiny Brussels sprouts, green beans, tomato/cucumber salad and dessert will be ice cream. All vegetables are from today's farmers market.

mmm, bourbon slush :D I always wanted to go to a baby shower..... (yeah, right)
I cooked steaks before for about 20 people. On three grills. Quite the chore, especially with three different kinds of steaks (thanks to the host), but everyone wasn't expecting to eat at once, so it worked out.

Katie E, I have a good recipe for slippery dumplings for your leftovers ;)
:LOL:

I'm having yesterday's dinner that I never got around to making, grilled pork chops, home fried potatoes and vidalia onions with lots of sour cream on them and some sauted green beans, or as some might say; haricot verts, which IMO taste waaaay better than the green beans at the fruit stand, so I've decided that's all I'm going to buy now. Or Del Monte canned :ermm:
Yesterday I knew the chops weren't going to be thawed fast enough and I was starving right then and there, so I made a humongous ham sandwich, sliced the bread and ham all an inch thick and loaded it with mayo. Then had some rootbeer float ice cream (not that good BTW). So I'm looking forward to something better tonight :)

i am having left over free pizza. called into my favorite place for thirty years. got a really bad pizza last week. so they brought me a hot new one. pays to complain i guess.

babe:chef:

Since my wife won't be home this evening I'm grilling myself some hot wings.
It'll be hot wings and beer for me tonight, that's all. Keeping it simple, except for the starting the charcoal and grilling part, but that's the fun part....

Chicken, corn, and mashed potatoes. Seems like that's what we always have!

I see no reason to change, Angie :).
I could eat that every day. I wouldn't fix it for myself every day, but I'd eat it every day!

Watchya doin fer your sauce roadfix?

I see no reason to change, Angie :).
I could eat that every day. I wouldn't fix it for myself every day, but I'd eat it every day!

Watchya doin fer your sauce roadfix?

I know..that's why we always have it! Hee hee..;)

Back
Top Bottom