What's for Dinner? Saturday, December 27th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
Seems like the 12 days of Christmas is usually followed by the several days of leftovers. Mrs. K is at an outing with her friends. Daughter K is also out with her besties tonight.

So that leaves me scrounging through the fridge trying to decide which of the numerous tupperware thingies to reheat.

What's on everyone else's plates?

I have been making food for tomorrow. I made Swedish meatballs tonight, but didn't eat any of them, they are for tomorrow. I've been snacking on sesame knaeckerbrod and pickled heart and pickled tongue. I've had the worst time not snacking on the gravlax, smoked salmon, and smoked cod...

We're headed out to a Humane Society fundraiser. Several local restaurants will be providing the food.

Happy Holidays to you all ! I'm back. :angel:

I was gifted leftover turkey ( bro-in law made 2 turkeys). After a good sandwich or two, I used the last of it to make Turkey Linguini Alfredo, cranberries with ginger, and as long as I was grating ginger today, I made cooked carrots with ginger and molasses butter sauce. Calories do not count during holiday season.

It was going to be ham dinner at my daughter and SIL's, but seems I caught some kind of bug and had to miss it. :(

I'll probably just have a cup of chicken broth and some toast.

a potato, ham and cheddar cheese casserole. We (the casserole and I) are waiting for DH to return from feeding the horse. I discovered way too late that I didn't have hardly any potatoes, so I used mostly sweet potatoes. Cherry pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Cleaned out the fridge and made beef and barley soup with leftover pot roast and an assortment of old-ish vegies.

I'm so glad to see you back Wiska!

I brined and browned a couple of thick pork chops and finished them in a golden mushroom gravy with onion, sliced red and green peppers and served it over mashed potatoes. The green was spinach salad with slivered pickled beets.

Food at the HS fundraiser was mediocre at best, the lasagna was the biggest hit. I did score big at the silent auction. Got a dive trip for two, $35 worth of mojitos, and a mixed grill for two at a great restaurant.

Homemade Asian steamed buns with pork belly, cured English cuke slices, hoisin and sriracha and homemade kimchee as a "slaw" side.

Roasted pork loin (bone in), black beans and yellow rice. Served with a spinach salad tossed with olive oil and a bit of red wine vinegar. S & P. Fried sweet plantains also.
Add a some garlic bread and done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom