What's for Dinner, Saturday Feb 2,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had a stir fry with noodles. I stirfried some thinly sliced fillet, onion, garlic, celery,green & yellow pepper, carrot, chestnut mushrooms & broccoli. Served it in a sauce of own making which DW was very complimentary (doesn't often happen).

I asked her once if she thought I was a good cook, followed by a long silence and you are OK but put some strange things together.

First a small plate of cheese with either a cocktail or wine then it's of to see Spamalot. Dinner will be late.

It's Mardi Gras here!!!!!

Andouille Stuffed Mushrooms and Blue Cheese Coins
served with traditional Sazeracs and Pimm's Cups

Fried Eggplant slices topped with Shrimp Etouffe
served with a brazilian malbec

Onion crusted Rabbit served over wilted greens, with andouille grits and maques choux.
served with a california cabernet

I have bacon topped cornbread to serve with dinner. I made a King Cake to give as 'goody bags' to my guests as they leave.

Dessert is bananas foster (with the fire extinguisher handy:-p) and praline bread pudding with whiskey sauce. Martel Cordon Bleu will accompany dessert.

Laissez le bon temps roulé!!!!

Buttered noodles and carrot sticks for the kids.
A martini for mom. Maybe 2.

Tonight is a dry rubbed pork tenderloin, red new potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, and apple crumble for dessert.

We made hamburgers in gravy with mac and cheese and yellow corn for my GF's grandkids. And when Mom and Dad get here to pick up thier little darlings, me and my girl are gonna hit the local pub for some adult beverages, finger foods and some quiet conversation!:ROFLMAO:

Dinner tonight is chicken enchiladas,rice,salad and apple cake for dessert... Good think I had some frozen, as we are up to our ears getting some things ready for Sunday dinner with Ma:LOL: Anyone want to come help me cut up callah bread and chop some bittersweet chocolate for bread pudding ?

kadesma

Anyone want to come help me cut up callah bread and chop some bittersweet chocolate for bread pudding ?

kadesma

OOO OOOO Pick me pick me!!!!
It takes how long to drive there?
Do I get to pick at stuff while I chop?
DH is gone, can I bring the small people?

OOO OOOO Pick me pick me!!!!
It takes how long to drive there?
Do I get to pick at stuff while I chop?
DH is gone, can I bring the small people?
You're picked and you can taste all you want...Oh boy small people? You bet they rule around my house..There is nothing like them.
kades:)

I tried a new recipe tonight - a copycat recipe of Panera's broccoli cheese soup and we have a baguette from the Blue Dog bakery in Louisville with lots of butter.

We'll be having pasta with a spicy marinara sauce.......maybe cabbage salad to go with it?

try this, you will love it

two pieces of sourdough bread, make a sandwich with deli sliced roast beef, prov. cheese, and roasted green chilies. put together and then grill with butter on each side, till brown and cheese melts. serve with fries or chips. i will just have the sandwich.

dessert a milk choco. dove. ice cream bar

babe :chef:

We had spanakopita, mushrooms with chorizo & a salad of bibb lettuce, orange pepper, red onion, strawberries, gouda cheese & blush vinaigrette...dessert was a glass of wine.

Back
Top Bottom