What's for dinner, Saturday, February 3, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
So whats everyone fixing? I have some chicken breasts that I thawed out in the fridge overnight......still doing a little searching for some inspiration, as to what to do with them.

Right now I have a wonderful smelling loaf of French Bread baking away in my bread machine and I just finished making a Lemon Meriguine Pie. I'm not a great pie baker so my fingers are crossed. The crust turned out nicely brown granted the edges aren't fluted like a baker but they will do until I can finally master that technique. I should of prepared extra filling so that the meriguine would of stood up more. But all in all I'm satisfied with the results.....but the real test will be the test as I made the crust myself.

Full of Italian pastries for Carnivale....I am having a glass of liver salts! ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your pie!

well I`ve had a 1kilo gammon joint boiling with carrots, celery and leeks with mustard powder and white pepper (the salt comes from the gammon), for about 3 hours today, now the meat has been taken out and allowed to cool and is in the fridge for slicing later.
that will go on thick sliced Tiger loaf with plenty English mustard.

the stock and veg is for 2moro`s dinner as a soup (when I add some potatoes).

YT2095 said:
well I`ve had a 1kilo gammon joint boiling with carrots, celery and leeks with mustard powder and white pepper (the salt comes from the gammon), for about 3 hours today, now the meat has been taken out and allowed to cool and is in the fridge for slicing later.
that will go on thick sliced Tiger loaf with plenty English mustard.

the stock and veg is for 2moro`s dinner as a soup (when I add some potatoes).

Sounds yummy, YT. I'll bet your house smells delish. Buck would especially like the part about English mustard. He's a real mustard lover.

I'm still trying to decide between something chicken breast-ish, or pork chops or ground beef. Once I figure that out I'll be away to the races.

Philly steak sandwiches and hash browns. Concentrating more on tomorrow's meal.

I have the stovetop smoker turning a 7-pound Boston butt into fallin' apart barbecue. Then, later, I'll make some hamburger buns to serve it on. I want to eat tomorrow's dinner, tonight.:rolleyes:

Wild Turkey.. Rare Breed...yum!
Thick cut Porterhouse steaks
Baked Spuds
Green beans...with Evoo and galick
Salad for those that want it
Gambino French bread...
Bread Pudding...praline sauce...U.B.'s version.

Ok....I have to pat myself on the back......I just ate a slice of the pie and it turned out really good. I'm still going to try and improve the crust and work on making those pretty edges but all in all I'm very happy :D :clap:

Whoops forgot to tell what I decided on for supper.

Chicken breasts that I'll saute in some garlic infused EVOO. I'll finish them off in the oven. I'll serve fresh chimichurri sauce over them.

My loaf of french bread is done so I'll serve that on the side to dip in the sauce also.

I'll also make a few croutons out of the bread to serve on top of a mixed green salad with a light salad dressing.....haven't decide yet on the dressing though.

For another side I'm making orzo with roasted vegetables.

I think DH is pretty happy we're holed up in the house to stay out of the freezing cold.....considering the baking I've done.

REPORT ON TYLER FLORENCE DAD's MEATLOAD

I made it yesterday.
Tyler Florence's Dads meatloaf.
Husband loved it.
I didn't.
That simple.
I am now onto the quest of doing all the other recipes for meatloaf that I've been sent, and will. Meantime, hubby will have sandwiches of the loaf until it's gone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I watched America's test kitchen yesterday, while lying on my bed feeling just terrible. I have the kreapy krud that everyone else has.
Anyway, they did Chicken Kiev.
http://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipe.asp?recipeids=3328&iSeason=7
I'll do that tonight for dinner.
I have all the ingreds.
I just have to get 3 squashes, crookneck, zukes, summer and sautee. DH loves that.
I have left over mashed pots from last night, thankfully.

Making a 3lb. meatloaf,baked ptatoes,cole slaw and warm rolls. No dessert, making one tomorrow! (-20 wind chill tonight)! Brrr

Well, not sure cuz I made a bunch of meals to freeze today and now have a number of choices. Italian meatballs and Marinara, Beef Barley soup or roasted chick and wild rice soup. Hmmmm, leaning towards the pasta with marinara and meatballs.

I invented something like "somephat thai"/"quasi goreng" type fried rice, which translates to my original "southern asia inspired" fried rice, using items like tamarind paste, crunchy dried little prawns, oyster sauce, dried shiitake mushrooms etc. among other more usual ingredients. I just sort of combined ideas from several recipes from the region, made some adjustments to our liking. It came out really, really good.
I should post the recipe when I get a chance:-p

First of all, I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday evening. It's freezing here and to compensate, I just spent a hundred and forty bucks on panties.:huh:

Lou has been jonesing for lasagna....So I've got 4 lasagnas (hey Breezy, I had to cover them with plastic before the foil went on. I thought of you and my radioactive tomatoes;). It made me smile, and I thank you for that!) in the oven right now. One weighs about 15 pounds, and the other three are for the road. Two for Lou and his kids, and the other one is for my husband and his girlfriend.
We're having a green salad and garlic bread with it. I wanted to get UglyRipe tomatoes for the garlic bread and salad, but they are so hard to find up here this time of year. Instead, I opted for 'on the vine' which look nice, but don't taste nearly as summery as the Uglyripe from Florida.

Right now I'm drinking a VeraBluetini and we'll more than likely open a cabernet with dinner.

We went to B&W bakery earlier this morning because I had a chocolate jones. We got a Triple Chocolate cake for dessert. I've got some port...will mroe than likely drink that with the cake.

Stay warm everyone!!

lulu said:
Full of Italian pastries for Carnivale....I am having a glass of liver salts! ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your pie!

I want Italian pastries for Carnivale!!!!

Our masks just arrived from UPS yesterday for Mardi Gras!

Back
Top Bottom