What's for Dinner Saturday Jan. 23rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I decided to go a different direction with the pork chops and potatoes. I cooked the pork chops (seasoned with Dave's seasoning) on my DeLonghi indoor grill, fried the potatoes, and we had California Blend vegetables.

:)Barbara

Ended up DH had a spontaneous moment and dragged me along...to look for a new microwave for me. Ended up eating out. Attempt #3 on the chicken and stuffing tomorrow.:LOL:

Tonight's dinner is breaded-browned pork chops, baked in the oven with gravy. On the side, baked cabbage/baby carrots (drizzled with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a sprinkling of caraway seed) and sliced beets. I was going to make mashed potatoes, but Mark wanted beets.
Not a real attractive dinner :ermm:, but it was mighty tasty! lol

img_873285_0_e567aaef7a68d601e38556a319abb633.jpg

I marinated the salmon fillet in the teriyaki sauce and it turned out ok. But as a whole my meal was very bland. I guess I am going to have to find a way to spice it up a little. I bought some Old Bay Seasoning last time I went shopping, maybe I should have put that on the salmon.

I just toasted a couple of bagels, tossed some butter and garlic in a pan, brushed the garlic butter on the bagels, piled up the beef and then put some grated mozza on top. We like pepper jack or jalapeno jack on these too. Then I just tossed some flour in with the leftover butter and garlic, made a roux and thinned with some beef broth. Poured that over the melts and called it delish!

If you try it let me know what you did. I'm always looking to tweak.
I had dinner at a friend's that night, so I just now got around to having some of the roast. I grilled the bread, divided the meat between the two slices, topped with a mixture of sharp cheddar and Parmigiano-Reggiano, and put it under the broiler to brown. The beef was EXTREMELY chewy.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...r-monday-january-25th-62656-2.html#post873698

I do mine open faced. I'm sorry it didn't turn out as well as you hoped. Phooey. Going to try again?

Back
Top Bottom