What's for Dinner, Saturday January 31st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
So, on this last day of January what is everyone making for dinner?

I am on my own again but am feeding a bunch of guys who are helping install our bedroom floor so I have a large pot of turkey chili on and will make cornbread and salad soon. That will be lunch and then as usual I am on my own for dinner so it will probably be a salad.

I would love my usual butter with popcorn....but now I have to watch this stupid cholesterol.

Not sure what we are having. We're going to a movie and might pick up some Indian carryout afterwards. Or, I have some burgundy lamb tips from Trader Joe's that I could saute, with mashed potatoes and a Greek salad.

I'm either doing my Saturday night ritual of Fried Catfish & Stuff or I'm going out to eat on a "River Boat" Where I will probably eat a piece of their Catfish:LOL: --- Along with many, many other entree choices!!!

Uncle B, if you are having catfish anyway, I would choose the River Boat but then I have always dreamed of being on one going down the Mississippi (I am a Twain fan from away back).

BTW, do you know if catfish has a lot of cholesterol? I suppose it's the cooking method that kills ya not not the fish! Oh well, I will stick to my boneless skinless chicken breasts and turkey chili .....can't even have chied fricken! :(

We're having roast chicken tonight with oven roasted potatoes, a steamed veggie, a big salad (caesar I think), stuffing and likely some fresh bread. Ahhhhh!

Laurie, they have butter flavoured salt stuff you can buy to put on your popcorn. Its not the same but better than nothing!

Thanks, Alix! I know there are a lot of things out there that I can have...I won't starve! But isn't it just the thing that every time you are told you CAN'T have something you crave it more?

I'm just doing burgers and potato planks for dinner tonight.I had the flu last week,couldn't taste anything so nothing sounds better than a juicy burger with all the fixins.

Thanks, Alix! I know there are a lot of things out there that I can have...I won't starve! But isn't it just the thing that every time you are told you CAN'T have something you crave it more?

Oh I hear you girlfriend! I have to say though, popcorn is my favorite snack and I think it would be the hardest for me to say no to. I'm thinking of you!

I'm making a D'zone. (That's my version of a Calzone) :chef: and a green salad

:LOL: @ D'zone ^^^ That was clever!

I am making Mark a chicken salad. I have the chicken marinating in oil, vinegar, herbs and garlic in the fridge.. I'll bake that in the oven.

I'm having something like a taco salad, but with ground turkey....and whatever else I can find. I was going to go to the store today, but got lazy and stayed home and did laundry and made breakfast.... didn't need any lunch after that.

Salad over here.. made some for us yesterday and there were carrots, peppers and mushrooms left, so I bought some more salad to make a new ;o)

Laurie,
don't care too much about the cholesterol... try to exercise (I know.. good joke...) more and just be normal... yeah.. I know.. who wants to be normal? ;o))

Salad over here.. made some for us yesterday and there were carrots, peppers and mushrooms left, so I bought some more salad to make a new ;o)

Laurie,
don't care too much about the cholesterol... try to exercise (I know.. good joke...) more and just be normal... yeah.. I know.. who wants to be normal? ;o))

Thanks, Cara. The doctor wants me to watch my diet for a little while and then we will check it again to see if I need to go on medication. I had some pretty serious symptoms a couple of weeks ago and have a family history of cholesterol and heart problems. It is all precautionary. If I am good during this trial period then I can ease up on the diet later. Also, my exercise is limited because of my leg right now. I have to go for walks and do certain exercises but there is a lot I can't do either, which is why the emphasis on diet. But I will win both these battles and come out healthy as a horse!

I ended up making a Greek salad, homemade rice pilaf in my rice cooker and Trader Joe's Burgundy wine & black pepper lamb tips - the lamb was really good!

We split a dove bar for dessert with some red wine.

Lazy today...went to Sam's Club and bought Bird's Eye Asian Stir Fry. Just made some rice and added some Chicken. If you haven' tried it, it's really good, quick and CHEAP! $6.88 and you get everything except the meat (and rice if you want rice) and it makes enough for 4 people to have 2 meals.

Back
Top Bottom