What's for Dinner, Saturday, Nov 15, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have not used the grill much lately. So, I went down to the store and bought a steak which is currently marinating in a mesquite marinade. When I went to a store a saw a bag of cranberries in the produce dept. Seeing the bag of cranberries made me want to make cranberry orange relish. With the steak and relish I am considering either having sauteed mushrooms or spinach.

I taught a bread baking class for 5 hours in my home, so now it's time to have some din-din. I sauteed some onions and garlic in EVOO & butter, shredded two redskin potatoes into hash browns and got them cooking right now. An Italian sausage link is almost cooked, and will be cut into bite-sized pieces and thrown in with the potatoes and onions. When the potatoes are done I'll scramble in two large eggs to finish it off. Smother the whole mess with some ketchup and Frank's Hot Sauce, and push it around the plate and into my mouth with a piece of NYT bread. I've made this before, and it makes for a quick, filling meal. Urp! 30 minute meals ain't got nuthin on me. this one was done in 23 minutes.

JoeV

Did that include the second rise?
:LOL: Sounds good and quick, Joe.

Well, Joe. There's a lot of opinions, and recipes out there. Most of them seem to eminate from the Chicago area. Here's Mine:

1 Rump (or similar) Roast 1 lg Onion, sliced into rings
1/2 C Peperoncini Rings, drained 2 C good Beef Broth
1 env Good Seasons Italian

Plop all in crock pot and cook on low about 12 hours. Remove roast, shred and return to pot. Serve on hogies, or the like.

I got this many years ago from a former in-law (now out-law) living in Chicago. She assured me it was authentic, although others may disagree. But it sure is good.

Happy eats!

Went to the cousin's for an early afternoon meal of ham, scalloped potatoes, corn, beans, a couple different salads, rolls and birthday cake to celebrate the aunt's 96th birthday. It was all delicious! I did take a plate of maple leaf cookies.

img_726579_0_47713fb5e7e20048a47aa7493206e0cf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom