What's for Dinner, Saturday Sept. 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're an aquirred taste, BT.
No sushi bars around here, but plenty of mcnugget places ;^)

Well...there are sushi places here and that's exactly what we're having!!!

Sushi and unfiltered sake - YUM!

The link says it's sweet - I wouldn't exactly call it sweet but I guess it's not totally dry - all I know is it's excellent!

I will be dining shortly across the street and they have the best fruit salad ever, smack dab full of every fruit I can pronouce, with water, haven't had enough today and my kidneys are reminding me of that

Roasted free range chicken with fresh picked rosemary, garlic, and lemon. Roasted red potatoes with dill, white pepper, and butter. Hot crusty french rolls.

We're cleaning out the fridge...I have leftover cabbage and smoked brats, a smoked rib or two, a nice piece of ribeye roast, and a cheeseburger that Kim cooked today.
I'm going to have the cabbage and brats, Kim will eat a steak sandwich out of the ribeye and maybe the burger too, and Chloe dog will probably get the meat off the ribs.
I look at those rib bones, and know how much she'd love to have one, but I've always heart pork bones are bad for dogs...that they can splinter like chicken bones.

Any cooked bones given to dogs are bad. Better off giving raw bones. I occasionally give them a cooked bone, but I only let them chew on a for a short time then pry the bone from my doggies mouth!

I will be dining shortly across the street and they have the best fruit salad ever, smack dab full of every fruit I can pronouce, with water, haven't had enough today and my kidneys are reminding me of that

ooouuuuhhhllllll, achy kidneys.
owwww.

Any cooked bones given to dogs are bad. Better off giving raw bones. I occasionally give them a cooked bone, but I only let them chew on a for a short time then pry the bone from my doggies mouth!

I've given Chloe raw bones upon occasion, and they make her throw up, so we just stick to Milkbones, dry dogfood and a few meat scraps, like steak trimmings.

My uncle used to make beef and kidney stew. I think he was the only one in the family who would clean them. Good stuff. At least my mother, uncle and I ate it...
I made it for hunting camp one time (venison and kidney of course) and the guys didn't know what they were eating, only that it was good. They thought they were mushrooms. My uncle had given me the kidneys already prepped, so I don't even know what goes into cleaning them. I might have to delve into that small family tradition this winter when it's stew weather.

Yesterday I REALLY wanted to make pizza, but after making 150 lbs of bagel dough I was really not in the mood to come home and make pizza dough....
So I stopped at the grocery store and bought a long loaf of french bread and made pizza on that.... the kids really liked it that way!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom