Whats for Dinner Sun. Dec. 7th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Boneless Chicken breast , sliced thin, saute in olive oil, then added cream of chicken soup, heavy cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder, orange powder, dried orange peel, added a can of string beans. All this mixed with noodles . We had an early supper, hubby woke up when he smelled the cooking.

I just had a huge breakfast at Bob Evans, so that should carry me through to a late dinnertime, which will be some chili made with leftover chicken and pulled pork (no beans). I didn't get around to mixing up the NYT dough last night or early this morning, so will probably make some skillet cornbread to go with it.

I needed to make space in the freezer for Christmas cookies, so I pulled out 4# of ham and bone from Easter dinner. The weather warmed up so quick here that I just never had the desire to make soup out of it. Anyway, the pot is bubbling and I'm making ham barley soup. Found some lentils in the cupboard by the barley, so I threw 1/2 Cup of those in as well. I have some of my crusty Italian bread and that will be dinner.

mock chopped liver for hor's duves; appetizer: ravioli with a Comte cheese sauce; main course: balsamico roasted cornish hens...(1/2 to each person) roasted very small potatoes, rosemary carrots. dessert: apple tart, coffee, tea.....

?? I'm not sure... I'd love some split pea soup but I don't have any ham...

I have some bean sprouts in the refrigerator that I need to use. So, I am going to make Chop Suey with bean sprouts, onions, celery, and ground beef. My mom used to make this when I was a kid, because it is inexpensive and can feed alot of people depending how much veggies are added. I make it now because it is one of those comfort foods. I loved the dish as a child and still do as an adult.

beer can chicken .. twice baked potatoes .. corn on the cob ..
salad .. maybe some cookies for dessert ..

We're going to a neighborhood potluck tonight. I made a big pan of penne with Italian sausage, garlic, peppers, onions, tomato sauce and herbs from the garden - dried oregano and frozen basil.

?? I'm not sure... I'd love some split pea soup but I don't have any ham...

I have some! Bone too!
How 'bout you come here and make your soup and you can have my hambone if you share!
:wacko:
Ok, or not.

I have some shrimp, my oldest wanted to try it. I was thinking of putting it in Alfredo.... but if, as usual, something new for dinner goes over like a lead balloon, I don't want to be stuck with tons of Shrimp Alfredo to eat all by myself.... because I would.... :pig::pig::pig:
But it sounds REALLY GOOD!

Sounds like a good plan to me! I'd love to share!!
But... Don't think Alaskaair can get me there in time... do you think I can make it with bacon instead?

That shrimp sounds great!

Chicken Supreme Casserole...I was lookin for something easy, lets see how it tastes! Its in the oven now...I will post results!

Ok. final answer.
DH was called to NOT come in to work tonight. :) :) :) :)
He doesn't eat fish or seafood. :(

Fettucini Alfredo.... sans shrimp plus a side of broccoli.

Back
Top Bottom