What's for dinner? - Sun, Mar 30, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
The temperature here in Minne-snow-ta finally got to 60F today, and it feels wonderful. I know some of you are probably rolling your eyes right about now, but the last 60 degree day we had was back in early October. Almost 6 MONTHS ago! :ohmy:

Of course there is snow in the forecast again for tomorrow, but nevertheless, I am enjoying the one day that actually feels like spring.

Today I chipped away a path in the remaining ice on the deck so I can get to the grill. Dinner will be grilled steak, baked potato, and Brussels sprouts.

It's not quite that warm here. It's been rainy and cool all day.

I have the beginnings of a lamb and okra stew on the stove tonight that we will have over rice.

Home made Chinese tonight. Using lots of leftovers. Leftover steak for beef and broccoli, leftover chicken wings with an Asian sauce, piece of pork tenderloin for spring rolls, and some mushroom fried rice....

Oh man, I am running behind getting a slab or ribs on the grill.
Someone wanted a step-by-step tutorial on rust bluing on a pistol forum and that took me waaaay longer than I expected it to.
I better get those babies rubbed down and on the grill.

No eye-rolling here Steve, I can just imagine how nice it must be to finally have some warm weather up where you are! :)

No cooking here, it's a nibbling kind of day. Avocado, cherry tomato and red onion salad, TJ's eggplant hummus, and pita bread.

Home made Chinese tonight. Using lots of leftovers. Leftover steak for beef and broccoli, leftover chicken wings with an Asian sauce, piece of pork tenderloin for spring rolls, and some mushroom fried rice....

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 178
An absolutely HUGE pork chop - the butcher must have thought I looked hungry! Grilled on top of the stove with courgettes, grilled tomatoes, baby potatoes. Hadn't any apple sauce so used a spoonful of Ikea gooseberry jam. I always think pork needs something a bit sweet and fruity.

For "afters" a lemon mousse-y thing from the dessert cabinet at the Co-op supermarket

I've had a rib eye steak simmering in my Sous Vide at 120F for about 3 hours. Some time in the next hour I'll sear it and serve it with horseradish. I've given up on Western horseradish and instead I mix my own wasabi from powder. The powder lasts years and is very inexpensive at Asian markets.

I think I'll have fried potatoes with it. But what kind??? Pillows? Slices? Strings? Wedges? This is a difficult decision! ;)

Maybe I'll scrounge around and see if I can find some vegetable that appeals to me. Maybe some biscuits too.

I found a 1.5 lb package of chicken breast tenders for $2.57. I dry marinated them with gound cumin and chili powder, am now simmering them for pulled chicken. Shrek can eat them however he likes. I am having pulled chicken taco salad.

We may end up with pulled chicken nachos. I had cooked some chicken breast in the CP and froze it.

I made some more of Andy's tomato soup. We had that with twice baked potato. I had two monster potatoes. One weighed almost 600 grams and the other one about a pound. I only used one of them for supper.

33814-albums294-picture5874.jpg

That's yummy looking taxi.

I took Chief's advice from a previous thread and slow cooked some beef back ribs in the oven. The slathered them in BBQ sauce and finished them on the BBQ for about 10 minutes.. Outstanding

img_1354838_0_d11106dd7dbb785927cd400ffa020934.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom