What's for Dinner? (Sunday 24th of July)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
I've taken out a whole chicken to defrost. Thinking maybe chicken soup with dumplings :) I'll see if I can find good soup veggies when I go to the store later!

Sounds good. I was going to do something with butterbeans for dinner but I can't think of anything to make out of them? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sounds good. I was going to do something with butterbeans for dinner but I can't think of anything to make out of them? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Butter beans make a delicious curry. Just fry some chopped onions, maybe some carrot and celery if you have. Add some good curry paste and a bit of stock. Veg or chicken. Add butter beans and cook till tender. Stir in some cream, sour cream or coconut milk and serve with basmati rice.

Made my Chicken Soup from scratch. Made some homemade chicken broth and added the shredded meat from a whole chicken. Some chopped leeks, carrots, turnips, celery and parsley. A few cloves, bay leaf, some coriander seed, celery salt and freshly ground black pepper. I'll make some dumplings to go inside and there we have it! What a mission lol !

I'm hoping to get DH out to dinner for his birthday (it was Friday but he was laid up with a bum knee). He's better today and only using 1 crutch so I think we can hit a restaurant.

I'm going to attempt those fish fatties I mentioned a while back.

This is a fatty You will see some other fatties in the smoking forum.
I'm going to try one by substituting salmon patty mixture for the ground sausage.

I thawed out some boneless country style ribs and will shred and mix with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce (first time for me).

This is a fatty You will see some other fatties in the smoking forum.
I'm going to try one by substituting salmon patty mixture for the ground sausage.

Looks good Picanis :) I'm so beat after making my Old School Chicken Soup I hardly felt like eating any lol! I forgot what a mission making soup with Dumplings from scratch can be. making the broth and shredding the chicken was the worst part but at least I made enough to freeze for about 3 more dinners.

Mark is getting a boneless pork chop. I don't know how I'm going to prepare it yet or what's going to be with it. For me, I don't have a clue.

Everyone's dinners sound really good. We are having grilled flank steak with a chimichurri sauce. On the side we'll have oven baked steak fries and a salad.

Ma's Sunday wheeeeee :LOL:All the kids will be here to swim and use the water slide food will be first appies some spreadable chive and onion cheese and crackers, stuffed mushrooms. Then bbq'd baby backs, beans, that great corn and avocado salad I'm having a hard time controlling myself now that I've tasted it. cucumber. tomatoe,romaine salad with an anchovie dressing. Garlic bread and butter grilled zucchini and eggplant, Let's eat, we will have homemade chocolate ice cream for dessert.
kades:LOL:

I'm going to make a stir-fry similar to Chinese pepper steak but with pork in stead of beef and pepper, onion and mushrooms.

soup made from stock in my fridge and left over veg from the week. (an Ina idea...and before her Madaline Kaman...) anyway it is so good for a light supper with salad.

Back
Top Bottom