What's for Dinner, Sunday, 5/21?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The irony! Running out of leftovers! Alas, my dinner tomorrow night. 3-day old supermarket broiled chicken making a reprise as chicken tacos! :)

This kind of post always cracks me up. Oh how fun it would be to run through a field of perfect corn to a pot of boiling water. :LOL:
Most of us take what we can get, and many rely on frozen corn picked and processed at perfection.
It's an old joke (sort of). If you've ever had "picked that day" corn you would understand.

At our old house we had a good sized pool, which was a gathering spot for some of our neighbors on hot summer days. It frequently turned into a potluck dinner. The kids across the street worked at a local farm stand, which would only sell corn that was picked that day. Anything left over at closing time became employee corn. The kids would bring over a big bag of employee corn for the dinner, which was oh so sweet. Anything left over was never as good the next day.

It's an old joke (sort of). If you've ever had "picked that day" corn you would understand.

I have. I grew up in Michigan and my great-grandparents lived on a farm. I had plenty of picked-that-day corn growing up. Modern super sweet varieties stay sweet for much longer than the corn available back in the day. I think you're enjoying a touch of nostalgia ;)

..I think you're enjoying a touch of nostalgia ;)
"Nostalgia" can sometimes be the best ingredient in a dish. ;) I certainly enjoyed it when I finally found my Mom's banana bread recipe and made it in the exact same stand mixer she would use when she made it. Fortunately, my body acted nostalgic, too. When I went for my annual check-up last week I mentioned to my PCP I probably gained weight from eating it so much. She turned and said "actually, you lost two pounds". :ermm: :ohmy: Great! I'm on to create the Banana Bread Diet! :w00t:

"Nostalgia" can sometimes be the best ingredient in a dish. ;) I certainly enjoyed it when I finally found my Mom's banana bread recipe and made it in the exact same stand mixer she would use when she made it. Fortunately, my body acted nostalgic, too. When I went for my annual check-up last week I mentioned to my PCP I probably gained weight from eating it so much. She turned and said "actually, you lost two pounds". :ermm: :ohmy: Great! I'm on to create the Banana Bread Diet! :w00t:
:clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom