What's For Dinner Sunday 5 April 2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Decided to make something I have not made in a long time, Golabki. Also known as cabbage rolls.

We'll be eating in about an hour and a half. [emoji6]20200405_173608.jpg20200405_173632.jpg20200405_173655.jpg

Mmmm. I had a GF in college who frequently made her mom's recipe golabkis. Mmmm.

I was confused about making dinner today. I must have dreamed removing something from the freezer and felt confident all day. Didn't happen. Proves I don't sleep walk tho.

The substitute dinner and mucho better is faux tacos. Spiced burger and can of refried beans, more spices, salsa all mixed together. Grated cheddar on top to camouflage. Hard shells. They look ugly, but were quick cooking, tasty, one pan clean up. And surprisingly not messy.

Kinda Sorta Chicken & Biscuits...
Pan-Seared Chicken Breast Medallions on Grand's Buttermilk Biscuits, Mashed & Gravy, Steamed Sprouts & boiled & Buttered Carrots.

Sos - Balsamic Vinaigrette ........

IMG_3354.jpg

Chicken & Biscuits.jpg

Spaghetti carbonara and a salad.

Attachments

• 2020-04-05 18.59.28.jpg
    2020-04-05 18.59.28.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 105
Final product! Side is steamed asparagus with butter and lemon.

Decided to make something I have not made in a long time, Golabki. Also known as cabbage rolls.

We'll be eating in about an hour and a half. [emoji6]

20200405_190508.jpg

We had shrimp tonight. Sort of a scampi. I sautéed some shallots and garlic in butter and olive oil then added the shrimp and some roasted red peppers and white wine. Tossed it all with some cooked pasta. Yummy.

Made a smoked ham & turkey sub...

39817-albums933-picture8251.jpg
[/IMG]

I didn't feel like making salads, but I had to use up the last of the iceberg. I did feel like eating lasagna, though. :yum: I made it with some of the homemade sauce from last week. Lots of leftovers, too.
IMG_20200405_211228033.jpgIMG_20200405_213739155.jpg

I made a sambar for dinner in the IP, with a cup of toor dal, and 1/2 c of black quinoa, and 12 oz each of frozen red beans and cooked turkey. I started with a chopped onion on sauté, adding 4 cloves garlic, minced with 5 green Thai peppers.
Then I added the water, and remaining ingredients, and pressure cooked it 12 min., letting it release naturally. Finished it with a tarka, of mustard seed, cumin, jyoti peppers, curry leaves, and asafoetida.
Turkey red bean sambar, with some quinoa added. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Since we got a grocery delivery today, we ran out of spoons. We ordered out. I had a "2 stick souvlaki platter" and DH had a sub. Mine was delicious, his was "not bad".

after seeing the great looking meals I am slightly ashamed to say that I had some left over Ribeye from Saturday and turned it into a steak quesadilla.

Back
Top Bottom