What's for dinner? Sunday Apr. 10, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm fixin' to fry up some good ol' down home fried chicken. I've been craving that for a while. Not sure of the sides yet - maybe roasted potato wedges and a loaded up salad.

What's on everyone's plate? :chef:

I had planned to make dolmathes which are time consuming but fun. I figured I'd do my taxes while they were cooking. I think that the problem was that job two made me not want to start job one.

I have some stuff that I have made and frozen but I think I'd like to try the easy poached eggs in plastic wrap in the microwave over toast with a ton of butter. My bacon turns out best when I make it in the microwave. I'll have to make 5 slices otherwise I'll eat all the bacon up before the eggs are ready.

I have a jar of Emeril's Kicked Up sauce, a can of minced clams, and some porcinni powder. So it's spaghetti tonight.

Smash burgers with caramelized onion, blue cheese, L&T.:yum:

Grilled mackerel fillets, steamed french beans and - my current favourite, tastier substitute for rice -
pot barley
cooked with fish stock.

Just pulled some meat sauce out of the freezer. Will do up some Lasagne later..I have been using this product lately and really like it. It is oven ready pasta and comes in 2x4 sheets. Just layer your sauce, cheese, and enough stock to come up about 2/3's to the top. It is really good and easy...
300096.jpg

Cleaning out the refrigerator tonight, the last cup of vegetable beast soup, a side salad and a dish of strawberries with cream.

Today the freezer ate better than I did! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I fed the freezer some meatballs and sauce, stuffed red bell peppers and assembled four veal parm packets that can go from the freezer to the oven for a quick meal.

Leftovers from lunch

I had lunch with my son and grandson to discuss GS college financing. Had enough fish and Black & Tan onion rings left over for dinner:)

Paid two arms and a leg for fresh thyme and rosemary. With some of that minced up I'm making oven roasted "fried" chicken parts sitting on a bed of herbed carrots. There better be drippings cuz I'm hungry for mashed taters and gravy too. Extra chicken will go towards something else later this week.

Just pulled some meat sauce out of the freezer. Will do up some Lasagne later..I have been using this product lately and really like it. It is oven ready pasta and comes in 2x4 sheets. Just layer your sauce, cheese, and enough stock to come up about 2/3's to the top. It is really good and easy...
300096.jpg

We have the same product (different manufacturer) and I soak it for several minutes first. It comes out more cooked. Better texture. :angel:

Paid two arms and a leg for fresh thyme and rosemary. With some of that minced up I'm making oven roasted "fried" chicken parts sitting on a bed of herbed carrots. There better be drippings cuz I'm hungry for mashed taters and gravy too. Extra chicken will go towards something else later this week.

If you have Better Than Bullion, you can make gravy using that. I always keep a handful of McCormack's gravy packets. Thy come in handy for supplementing those juices. :angel:

I picked up a couple of thick pork loin chops for stuffing. I made a stuffing with breadcrumbs, dried cranberries, walnuts, honey and red wine.

SO liked it.

Met with Mrs. K today to start going through our household things (divorcing and selling the house) and was asked if I wanted to use the grill. Well, I haven't grilled in two months, so I jumped at the opportunity. I went out and got us a couple of huge Duroc bone-in pork chops. So I made that and some sprouts.

She may not miss me, but I think she misses my cooking. :LOL:

img_1462256_0_ee9e20d8e2684ae493db381adf9cc5a7.jpg

That looks wonderful, Steve! :yum: It's nice that you and Mrs. K are able to share a meal together during this transition.

I had dinner outside this afternoon. Crispy fried chicken and a big salad. :yum: I was only able to polish off one of the chicky thighs - the other one went into the fridge for tomorrow. :)

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 189
It's nice that things aren't acrimonious for you two, Steve. As long as there wasn't a food fight, it's all good.

We had lasagna at the cousins'. Births, deaths, and everything in between, Himself's family sure does cook!

Back
Top Bottom