What's for dinner, Sunday, April 20, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BF wants rack of lamb. But only if it's from Whole Foods (like he'd know the diff). So I'm off to Whole Foods.

After I'm done here, of course.

Family Sunday,
we will be grilling tri tip, roasted artichokes with evoo,salt,fresh chopped garlic,mint and basil, warm bread, asparagus with parm, tortelini pesto salad with diced tomatoes and toasted pine nuts, fresh fruit platter,bruschetta with the chopped tomatoes, basil etc..sauteed mushrooms,baby yukons, roasted with herbs..Strawberries on a sponge cake base with pastry cream , then topped with fresh whipped cream...

Baby back ribs are smoking .. have some keilbasa to use up ..
might make some kabobs with them ..
baked potatoes .. macaroni salad ..
baked beans with some hot dogs in them for the little princess ..
some broccoli and a peanut butter pie for dessert ..

Sunday dinner

Sunday pot roast in the crock pot with veggies. Homemade honey wheat bread and ice cream for dessert. My house smells like home.

Beef pot pie made from what's left of last night's London Broil, salad, and vanilla icecream with strawberries for dessert.

Making a giant batch of mac and cheese, baked, 5 cheeses in total w/bechamel sauce, real creamy using heavy cream for a change. Boneless pork chops too, butternut squash, the DGD#1 decided on that with honey/brown sugar/cinnamon butter sauce with a salad of baby greens with toms and radishes with bacon ranch dressing and hard cooked eggs on top, oh and the GD also decided on apples, baked, like Cracker Barrel fried apples.
Chocolate cake with white vanilla frosting for dessert.

Last edited:
Since I am worn out from the wedding cake marathon (pictures here), and went to bed last night with a horrid flu and cold, DH is looking after supper......have no idea what it is or whether I will feel like eating it!:wacko:

Last edited:
?? Maybe going out.. maybe having fish and drinks at the bar... maybe cuppa soup??

Hmm it's 4:30 and I'm starving.
I really don't know. Maybe just some cheese quesadillas?

Kim's fixing pork steaks on the grill, and I think we'll have baked potatoes to go with. I need something green...still working on that.

oh gosh, it's going around LB, take care. dh has had it for quite a while now too, even through our vacation. but he's on the mend, thank goodness, feel better...liquids/juice/meds/sleep...

oh gosh, it's going around LB, take care. dh has had it for quite a while now too, even through our vacation. but he's on the mend, thank goodness, feel better...liquids/juice/meds/sleep...

Thanks, Lefse, I am just up long enough to get some more tea and to make sure DH has dinner planned for he and the border and it is back to bed. I must get better by Wednesday when I start work on the next wedding on this Saturday (and so the season begins!).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom