What's for dinner Sunday, August 30, 2006?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had Country Fried Steak, Mashed Potaoes with White Gravy, Green Beans with Bacon & Onions, Fresh Bread with Honey Butter.

amber said:
:LOL: Wow, I didnt notice the date either, apparently none of us did :ohmy: :)
Nope, we all posted like good little soldiers:LOL: :ROFLMAO: It took me about 10 min. to say to myself hey wait a minute isn't this april???:-p

kadesma

SizzlininIN said:
We had Country Fried Steak, Mashed Potaoes with White Gravy, Green Beans with Bacon & Onions, Fresh Bread with Honey Butter.

I am jumping in my car and coming to your house for dinner. It all sounds yummy.

I am grilling pork chops that have been marinated in Italian salad dressing, asparagus, and a tossed green salad with Spicy ranch dressing.

August? Well aren't we planning ahead! Hehe, sorry, I know I'm not the first person to give you crap for that. I just can't keep my mouth shut.

We're having leftover venison stew. We were going to have it last night, but Kim brought home a real pretty bag of ready-peel pre-cooked shrimp from Sam's. I whipped up a good cocktail sauce, and we just had shrimp coctail and whole wheat garlic bread.
Kim found another package of steaks in the freezer, so that takes care of tomorow night. I'm starting to like this once a week cooking thing.

:)

SierraCook said:
I am jumping in my car and coming to your house for dinner. It all sounds yummy.

I am grilling pork chops that have been marinated in Italian salad dressing, asparagus, and a tossed green salad with Spicy ranch dressing.

Next time Sierra! DH went back for seconds on everything and cleaned up all the bowls and platter :LOL:

Sunday evening supper was crispy fried chicken, mashed potatoes with mushroom gravey, whole kernel corn, boiled cabbage,beet pickles. Rhubarb pie topped with vanilla ice cream.

We spent yesterday at a gorgeous local wholesale azalea nursery that only opens to the public a few weekends a year. Came home with 3 huge azaleas, & by the time we were done getting them into the ground it was nearly 8 p.m. & we were exhausted & still had dogs & horses to take care of. Thus dinner:

Me: leftover takeout Chinese from Sat. night.
Him: a can of his favorite chicken chili (it's really very good for canned chili) & some toasted whole-wheat pitas.

We were both ready for bed by 9 p.m. - lol!!!

Back
Top Bottom