What's for Dinner, Sunday Dec. 28th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
Good afternoon!!!

What are you planning for dinner tonight?

I think first off I'm makin a batch of scoobagirl's jalapeno soup. Then I'm not certain about dinner just yet. I'll get back to ya!

We have leftover rice, leftover venison stroganoff and leftover fried venison...dinner will be that and slices of tomatoes and cukes.

Or...that will be lunch and we'll have fresh venison for dinner... we shall see

Linguini with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Spinach and Garlic

1/2 cup olive oil
7 or 8 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced
1/3 cup sun dried tomato in oil, slivered
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup pignoli (optional)
1 bag fresh baby spinach, washed
1 (10 oz) package fresh linguini, cooked according to package directions
Freshly grated Romano cheese

Saute the garlic in the oil until it starts to sizzle. Add sun dried tomatoes, raisins and spinach. Saute until spinach is just wilted. Toss with fresh hot linguini and serve with a generous amount of grated cheese.

Jim that sounds wonderful!

I've copied and pasted the recipe and will be making it sometime soon!

Welcome to the group and thanks for posting this!!

beautiful day here in SE VA .. so burgers and dogs on the grill ..
baked beans and french fries ..
also made a huge pot of ham and potato soup this morning ..

Beef Tenderloin, roasted garlic, rosemary potatoes, string beans. Vermont Cheddar Artisan bread.

I pulled some Brunswick stew and cornbread out of the freezer for DH. He's feeling puny and I think he'll enjoy this.

I am having a simple hamburger. After all the rich food the past couple of weeks, that's what I'm craving.

Jim that sounds wonderful!

I've copied and pasted the recipe and will be making it sometime soon!

Welcome to the group and thanks for posting this!!

Great - You'll love it! Make sure you use a really good extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated Romano cheese. It's the kind of pasta dish that could eat almost daily!

We have lots of leftovers, too - roast chicken, lasagna and meatloaf. I'll probably make chicken fried rice with the leftover chicken and leftover rice from the sushi party we went to last weekend (it's been in the freezer).

Chuck Steak Pizzaiola. Long time, no have.

Lee

Lee - I love Steak Pizzaiola - we'll have to swap recipes.

Here's mine...

Steak Pizzaiola

This is steak cooked in the “style of the pizza maker.” It’s a southern Italian classic. It’s a nice way to fix inexpensive cuts of beef.

4 (8 oz) top blade beef chuck or sirloin strip steaks
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch- wide strips
8 oz white mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
3 tablespoons sweet red vermouth
1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes in juice
Pinch dried basil and oregano
4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese

Put steaks between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/4 inch thick with flat side of a meat mallet. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper to taste

Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy oven proof skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Cook steaks, turning once until rare to medium rare (about 2 minutes per side.) Transfer steaks to a platter and keep warm, loosely covered with foil.

Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet and sauté onion and bell pepper over medium heat until onion is a light golden color. Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté, stirring, until mushrooms just starting to brown. Add vermouth and cook until the alcohol cooks off, about a minute. Add tomatoes with their juice, basil and oregano. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes.

Preheat broiler. Return steaks to the skillet spooning sauce over each steak. Top each steak with cheeses. Place under broiler just until the cheese melts. Serves 4.

Lee - I love Steak Pizzaiola - we'll have to swap recipes.

Here's mine...

Steak Pizzaiola

This is steak cooked in the “style of the pizza maker.” It’s a southern Italian classic. It’s a nice way to fix inexpensive cuts of beef.

4 (8 oz) top blade beef chuck or sirloin strip steaks
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch- wide strips
8 oz white mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
3 tablespoons sweet red vermouth
1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes in juice
Pinch dried basil and oregano
4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese

Put steaks between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/4 inch thick with flat side of a meat mallet. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper to taste

Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy oven proof skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Cook steaks, turning once until rare to medium rare (about 2 minutes per side.) Transfer steaks to a platter and keep warm, loosely covered with foil.

Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet and sauté onion and bell pepper over medium heat until onion is a light golden color. Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté, stirring, until mushrooms just starting to brown. Add vermouth and cook until the alcohol cooks off, about a minute. Add tomatoes with their juice, basil and oregano. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes.

Preheat broiler. Return steaks to the skillet spooning sauce over each steak. Top each steak with cheeses. Place under broiler just until the cheese melts. Serves 4.

Sounds great. I was just thinking of making this but never had an actual recipe. Thanks

miss me?

made christmas turkey into a dumpling topped pot pie.
mmmmmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom