What's For Dinner Sunday December 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Me Again?

Well, DH is working so our big meal will be at lunch. I was planning chicken of some kind. But seeing as the Canadian Men's Olympic Trial Curling Final is at the time I would be serving, we are having hot dogs and french fries in front of the TV.

What are you having?

chicken thighs, cooked in a skillet, with cream of chicken soup, salt, pepper, dried wine powder, tablespoon of pineapple juice. Side of string beans, carrot salad, and yukon gold potatoes.

I bought 6 large Chuck Roast for grinding the other day...There was a section on three of them that was absolutely beauuuuutiful.....marbling etc. So I cut them off and braised for Sunday dinner...A little onion, pepper, garlic, red wine, and 3 1/2 hours later they were butter tender....Some smashed tators, roasted carrots, green beans, biscuits rounded it out....Banana Pudding for dessert.

Still thinking about it... I am gonna lurk around and see what everyone else is making and hopefully get some inspiration! :chef:

Looks like it's going to be roast pork loin and cheese barley.

Mmmm Uncle Bob, that sounds mouth-watering!!! Can I come over for dinner?!

I'm trying to figure out what to do with these ribs, and I'm going to fry up some salt and vinegar potato chips.

my dinner plans keep changing from like minute to minute, as jake's unpacking boxes of food & keeps finding more & more ingredients. also, he listened to my complaining 'bout buying most of the food, & got some ingredients, too. sounding like sketti & meatballs. another day for the roast beef/gravy, as i'm not sending him to get the ingredients, & i'm not liking this drizzly weather, either. he's gulping pounds of cereal now, so later for that.

I have many ideas... lol

-mac-n-cheese (not the box, but even that sounds good) :glare:
-potato, cheddar cheese and bacon soup
-chicken wraps in flour tortillas with lettuce, tomato and either ranch dressing or mayo
-chicken salad.. sliced chicken on lettuce with vegies and cheese
-I even thought about sliced breaded chicken tossed with broccoli in sauce over pasta

I'll let you know.

It's freezing out, but I'm grilling chicken breasts and serving them with a roasted red pepper cream sauce that I made this morning (we also use it for sandwich spread), sauteed haricots verts with shallots and garlic and oven roasted carrots.

I have many ideas... lol

I'll let you know.

Hey, VB, do you have any snow coming down? We were supposed to get a possible 3 cm today. We already have close to 6 cm and it is only 3 pm!

The hot dogs were great - now I am thinking of some comfort food for Dad and I like meat pies or soup and grilled cheese. More hot chocolate for sure!

Hey, VB, do you have any snow coming down? We were supposed to get a possible 3 cm today. We already have close to 6 cm and it is only 3 pm!

The hot dogs were great - now I am thinking of some comfort food for Dad and I like meat pies or soup and grilled cheese. More hot chocolate for sure!
Yes, we have snow, but it's really light... no accumulation yet.

I love hot dogs, but we don't have any at the moment. Though, I have have often thought of putting a kielbasa on a roll with some sauteed onion and french fries.

Mark and I love meat pies and have them all the time.. everything from sausage to chicken pies.

Nothing beats grilled cheese with hot soup, and I might save that for tomorrow's lunch!

I'm about to start supper, and I'm still not sure what direction I want to go with it! I will decide once I get the ground beef cooking. I am thinking either spaghetti and corn, or I will add mushroom soup to the ground beef and onion and serve it on baked potatoes, along with Brussels sprouts. I'm leaning more toward the latter at the moment. :cool:

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom