Whats for Dinner Sunday, December 18th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Well we've already had ours. I requested some help on what to do with 6 chicken thighs on the chicken forum and jMediger really came through. Here is what we had:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMediger
We use this on wings and it is delicious! I don't know why it wouldn't work on thighs ...
SWEET & SOUR WINGS (or thighs ... :) )
Dip in egg - then flour
Brown on each side
Place in single layer in greased baking dish

SAUCE....
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Pineapple Juice
1/4 Cup White Vinegar
3/4 Cup Ketchup
1 tsp Soy Sauce
1 1/2 tsp salt

Combine all in sauce pan and bring to soft boil.
Spread over chicken wings and top with crushed pineapple if you like.
Cover and bake for 40 - 45 min. @ 350.

I usually let the chicken wings set after I dip them while I do the sauce. The batter seems to stay better when I brown them.

Doubled, this will cover about 3 lbs of wings that have been halved (wing and "drummie" separated) so I would think the single recipe would cover your 6 thighs (about 1 lb?).

Just one of many thoughts I'm sure you'll get today!

First of all thanks to everyone who responded. You've given me some wonderful recipes to try out.

jMediger.....I tried your recipe and its definetly one we'll be having time and time again......it was delicious and I'm not real fond of sweet and sour. I did a few additional things though. I added some freshly ground black pepper (abt. 15 grinds) to the sauce and put salt and pepper in the egg mixture and in the flour mixture. I browned the chicken in a combination of veg. oil and EVOO. Oh and I used the pineapple juice that was in a small can of sliced pineapple....it was exactly 1/4 cup. It took 50 minutes in my oven to cook to the recommended temp for chicken.
I cooked up some white rice in chicken broth and added some salt and the greens of the scallions. Sent DH to the chinese resturant to grab some egg rolls.
I'm going to try adding a few red chili peppers next time as the recipe reminded me of General Tso's Chicken although it was on the sweet and sour side. I think all it would need is the red chilis to accomplish it.
Thanks a bunch! This is def. a TNT recipe that I recommend to others to try.

SizzlininIN, your dinner sounds yummy, especially the sauce. I love sweet and sour sauce. I am having Beef Burgundy with Egg Noodles. I will be using whole wheat egg noodles. Not sure what sides to have yet. I was thinking about steaming some broccoli.

P.S. I know that it is a fairly simple recipe, but I have never made Beef Burgundy before, so it should be fun to try a new recipe.

Last edited:
All I know is we are having nothing sweet. Finished making the cookies for the neighbors this morning and had them delivered this afternoon.

Of course we had to eat the corner pieces that turned out too crumbly and dry. And had to sample the fudge to make sure it was OK.

ummm, advil, crushed ice, and popsicles. (a little too much holiday cheer last night at the company Christmas party and bar-hopping afterwards...) Afraid to eat anything yet :sick:

And your dinner does sound yummy Sizzlin!

Last edited:
We had

Roast chicken
Stuffing
Roast potatoes and parsnips
Cauliflower
Carrots
Gravy

Sort of a rehearsal for next Sunday's Christmas lunch.:)

shannon in KS said:
ummm, advil, crushed ice, and popsicles. (a little too much holiday cheer last night at the company Christmas party and bar-hopping afterwards...) Afraid to eat anything yet :sick:

And your dinner does sound yummy Sizzlin!

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: And how many times have you said, I'll never do that again!!
Been there, TOO many times:LOL: Hope you feel better and the swimming in your head dries up!!

PeppA bought the fixings for my Clam Chowder. She wants to have enough left over to take to work the next day. We have a really hard time saving enough to have leftovers; it's just that good!

Sizz, if you run a search on "Chicken Thighs" cross-referenced with my handle, you should find a couple posts totalling about 30 different recipes.

DH is in bed moaning and groaning, so I made him the veggie beef soup, he asked for..I'm having some cheese pizza as I do up some pakages to go under the tree..And I need to finish painting the christmas bags I started last night..While I'm doing that I plan to finish the cookies Cade and I started this afternoon..:LOL: Geez, I'll be glad shen Jan 12 gets here, my last day of WORK!!!! YIPPEEEEEE

kadesma

HB fried some chicken breasts last night, which made great sandwiches. We still have some left, plus left-over bacon from breakfast this morning, sliced provolone, and good bakery buns.
I might get out some pickled sweet banana peppers to go with this...they are actually more mildly spicey than sweet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom