What's for Dinner Sunday December 18th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gross. 2 day old papa johns pizza out of my friends fridge. Seriously. We are in NYC and she orders papa johns. Guess You can take the small towner out of the small town ..... But they are never a real NYer

So you are saying your garlic chicken made you pass out. Hmm, BT. Must be that good!

lol no, i passed out after having just put it in the crock pot. i had to work until noon several days last week, so sleep became a secondary concern until i pushed it too far.

i thought the crock pot chicken was going to turn out pretty bad at first. there was an extremely strong, acrid smell of onions and garlic during the first two hours of cooking. but fortunately it mellowed out. :chef:

in fact, i saved the leftover onions, garlic, celery, and congealed liquid/fat to make gravy for another time. all i'll need to do is blend it into some hot chicken stock.

Gross. 2 day old papa johns pizza out of my friends fridge. Seriously. We are in NYC and she orders papa johns. Guess You can take the small towner out of the small town ..... But they are never a real NYer

there's a papa john's in nyc? :ermm:

with literally hundreds of great pizza joints around, i wonder how can places like dominos, pizza hut, and papa john's exist here?

btw, does that little pause and head bob that papa john does during all of his commercials bug anyone else? it's like a tourrets tick.

"better ingredients, better pizza, (pause - head bob) papa john's".

ahhhhhh!

buckytom said:
lol no, i passed out after having just put it in the crock pot. i had to work until noon several days last week, so sleep became a secondary concern until i pushed it too far.

i thought the crock pot chicken was going to turn out pretty bad at first. there was an extremely strong, acrid smell of onions and garlic during the first two hours of cooking. but fortunately it mellowed out. :chef:

in fact, i saved the leftover onions, garlic, celery, and congealed liquid/fat to make gravy for another time. all i'll need to do is blend it into some hot chicken stock.

Oh, BT. Hope you get some sleep sometime soon!

i just use frozen peas, thawed. then very thin chopped purple onions. stir in mayo, sprinkle of smoked paprika and lots of black pepper. better if done a bit ahead so flavors mingle. it is a way i can eat veggies, and not be bored. :chef:

Thanks babe, I'll give it a try!

I need a couple of new ways to get a cold vegetable into my routine now that the fresh local produce is gone for the season.

I made salisbury steak with roasted potatoes and peas.

img_1085375_0_0d54c2d1f6ddfc8f7d77340c5eae8873.jpg
That doesn't look like salisbury steak. It looks like dogs and tots to me. YUMMY Feel better VB

Photobucket is screwy... this is what we had. I resized the old picture, and then resaved it. It should have been the same.

img_1085382_0_c62f99d5ad689147e759ac0f78834a7a.jpg
That also looks fantastic. YUMMY!! I haven't eaten breakfast yet and I wish I had a plate of that right now.

Had Solstice party yesterday. 10 people. I'm just recuperating enough now to post :rolleyes:

We had gløgg (Scandinavian mulled wine) and snacks, then supper:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/danish-pork-roulade-with-dried-fruit-69186.html#post951472
garlic buttered, steamed, mixed vegis
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/danish-red-cabbage-r-dk-l-roedkaal-69012.html?highlight=r%F8dk%E5l
green salad with http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/garlic-dressing-of-doom-67809.html#post930208
mashed potatoes
roast potato wedges
brown basmati rice
wine

trifle for dessert along with coffee and Danish butter cookies

I et too much. So did most of my guests. There was one tiny piece of meat left.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom